cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klgrube
Not applicable
Views: 8,554
Message 1 of 10

How do I change or disable the boot aninmation?

I love my new little Moto Z Play, but there's one problem.  I detest the annoying, obnoxious boot animation.  How can I replace that horrible "hello" nonsense with a simple picture or with another, less annoying animation?  I'd rather not have to root my phone to do this.  According to all the posts about this topic all over the Internet, providing an alternate boot animation or providing us with an app that would replace the current animation with another of our choice, or just disable it would help.

Highlighted
AlphaDog
Not applicable
Views: 8,505
Message 2 of 10

Re: How do I change to disable the boot aninmation?

@klgrube wrote:

I love my new little Moto Z Play, but there's one problem.  I detest the annoying, obnoxious boot animation.  How can I replace that horrible "hello" nonsense with a simple picture or with another, less annoying animation?  I'd rather not have to root my phone to do this.  According to all the posts about this topic all over the Internet, providing an alternate boot animation or providing us with an app that would replace the current animation with another of our choice, or just disable it would help.

You cant change the animation, but you can turn off the sound under sound settings. 

One easy fix - put it face down when rebooting.  Or reboot only once a month, that is what i do. 

Personally i like it, and i wish i had the one indonesia got with lizards and other images. But we cant change it. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
klgrube
Not applicable
Views: 8,496
Message 3 of 10

Is there a real number one can call to complain about this or a way of writing them? I want someone at Lenovo to know how truly annoying it is. Really, I have to turn the phone upside down every time I turn it on, and I shouldn't have to do that.
ssbaudio
Not applicable
Views: 8,489
Message 4 of 10

I'm affraid they do not care. Nor bootanimation, nor not working EQ, nor missing volte and so on.

Mike

sajokaz
Not applicable
Views: 8,442
Message 5 of 10

It is a horrible dilemma to live in a modern world where one cannot take their eyes off of their terrible 30 second boot animation long enough to see the wonders, joys and awesomeness in the physical world around us.  To be stuck staring at that terrible 30 second boot animation day after day after day must be unbearable.

~Scott
Eagle328
Not applicable
Views: 8,428
Message 6 of 10

I don't think I've actually ever even watched the whole thing. But I don't turn my phone off to often. When I do it happens too fast to really even notice. But there is no way to change it and I don't think they ever will.

This is a first for me to even hear a complaint about it. I can understand the sound being an issue but it can be turned off. As for the screen you could flip it upside down for a few seconds.

Erik755
Not applicable
Views: 5,487
Message 7 of 10

This is a real phenomenon - I've observed challenging situations in the workplace over my career.  They are rare, and thus many people may encounter the problem only a few times.

For example, I know two colleagues who could not stand to wear their uniform cap, even when required to do so.  Of course - they did, and for certain events they just had to tough it out.  But they were good employees, and eventually, their supervisor figured out a way to allow them to go about their job (often) without the hat.

Or a very good colleague of mine who detested being in a photograph, even when photographs were an important and required part of documenting work progress on a construction project.  I learned to frame my photos to exclude my colleague.

It's well know that fire alarm strobe lights are synchronized to prevent some people from having seizures if they are not.

I'm sure there are lots of examples.  The point is:  small things that don't bother 99% of people, do bother a few.  The simple fix is simply to include a toggle switch to allow the few users who want to, to turn the animation off.  It's easy to be unconcerned about other people's challenges.  I never appreciated unisex restrooms in public buildigs until my mother developed Alzheiemer's.  I'm grateful to the architects and code officials that now include these facilities in airports, theaters, etc.

Forgive my long explanation. This is an important topic.  Understanding of this issue in software development is not well developed (we've had restrooms for centuries - we've only had software for a few decades).

It's possible - and maybe even "easy" to find a win-win solution for this issue.  Thanks.

Dewritos
Not applicable
Views: 3,333
Message 8 of 10

Re: How do I change or disable the boot aninmation?

<removed>

Karamzak
Not applicable
Views: 1,653
Message 9 of 10

Realy the moto g5 boot animation is horrible to my young daughter because she is frightened from frogs and when the mobile boot up and seen this frog she get frightened, i hope if motorola developer team can remove this boot up animation

Eagle328
Not applicable
Views: 1,650
Message 10 of 10

@Karamzak wrote:

Realy the moto g5 boot animation is horrible to my young daughter because she is frightened from frogs and when the mobile boot up and seen this frog she get frightened, i hope if motorola developer team can remove this boot up animation

Sadly, I highly doubt it will ever change. And it can't be disabled. 

Top Kudoed Authors