Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 775
Message 21 of 30

Re: Huge problem (again) with mobile reception: total signal loss

Hi blkid,

Thanks for updating. I will let the team know about this. I'll get back to you for an update. Thank you.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Acauthorn
What's DOS?
Views: 740
Message 22 of 30

I had this exact problem too. My first moto z2 force slowly started to lose reception to the point where in would no longer connect to the internet and would lose cell reception. I noticed that this seemed to occur when I had the moto mod turbo battery power pack attached. The reception totally went out at one point while the moto mod turbo power pack was attached and it never came back. I had to replace the device. My turbo power pack also failed and would not charge so I ordered a replacement of that as well.

I got a new phone and used it fine for a few weeks. During this time I never attached the turbo power pack because the replacement had not arrived yet. But, finally my new turbo power pack mod arrived and the first time I attached it my reception completely went out. After detaching the mod, the reception came back after after about 10 minutes of being out.

I now suspect that moto mods may be breaking reception on these phones. Were you using any mods when reception went out? If this really is the problem I'm returning my phone as the whole reason I got this phone was so that I could have spare battery packs.

blkid
Punch Card
Views: 711
Message 23 of 30

No i don't have any mod. The mobile reception is degrading more and more. I started to have problem with wifi, gps and bluetooth.

Two days ago i've activated a promo with Vodafone IT, the best carrier in italy. Now in my house also with Vodafone i'm unable to transfer data. In the house, when my mother smarpthone is ever in 4G, my z2 play often goes in H+ and have huge problem to transfer data. Often the connection break.

Even with vodafone now i'm forced to leave the house now!

I finished my patience. I asked support to Amazon who offered the refund of money. I'll take another smartphone, surely NOT motorola!

blkid
Punch Card
Views: 685
Message 24 of 30

Well, at the end i bought a backup smartphone, in the wait for the right phone for me. A 99 euro General Mobile GM6. This simple and understimated smartphone, is able in my house not only to call, but to get 3 notches of 4 with Wind if i force in 3G and to get 4G if i leave the options of what network use, even in my house. So finally if someone calls me I can answer! That's very strange. A phone that can call!!!!

Just  to compare, in my house the Moto z2 play with wind it wasn't unable AT ALL to get Wind network, and often also out of my house it need minuts to get (bad) the network, as i previous described.

I'm really shocked by this and i'm writing this right to let you understand how are serious the problems of your phones.... 400 euros Motorola smartphone disintegrated by a Turkish 99 euros phone!!!

Yesterday i sent back the Moto z2 play to Amazon. And now is really the end between me and motorola.

Good luck!

Pvicari
What's DOS?
Views: 578
Message 25 of 30

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 571
Message 26 of 30

Hi Pvicari,

Thanks for posting. I'm not seeing anything on your response, please double check. 

Hi Everyone, 

Sorry for taking it long. Rest assured that our team is still working on this. I will keep you updated. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

LenAsh
Paper Tape
Views: 487
Message 27 of 30

I have a semi-related problem on my 1 week old Z2 Play, RETEU. 

From a cold start, i.e. power on from off, I never get a Cell connection (3 UK, full signal strength area). If I immediately restart, I always get a solid Cell connection and it is stable until next time I power off. Then same again. I'm on the August 2018 update. I've tried a factory reset and no improvement. The SIM card is recent, works just fine in my other Phone and the contacts are clean and shiny. Any suggestions before I return it?

LenAsh
Paper Tape
Views: 424
Message 28 of 30

Above post of mine is no longer relevant... with this issue and the variable ringtone/notification sound levels, I've returned the phone. Not a great experience. Inconsistent GSM connection and missing calls is not ideal... 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 399
Message 29 of 30

Hi LenAsh,

It looks like an issue with the reception. I would recommend observing this on a different location and environment, it would be one way we can test the signal. Also, if possible try using a different sim and check for improvements. Thank you.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

DrJJA
Paper Tape
Views: 123
Message 30 of 30

Normally you test the signal by measuring the signals received in decibels. I don't know if this has been done. From what I see, your mother's phone worked fine so it doesn't sound like a signal problem but a phone problem. Just to be sure, measure your phone's signal this way If the results is a weak signal, it may be the phone if everyone else's phones are working. Normally, if an area can't get a strong signal (due to interference from your home's building materials or terrain weakening the signal from the cell tower), it will affect all the phones. 

Top Kudoed Authors