cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vice350z
Punch Card
Views: 22,010
Message 1 of 4

Is there a way to stop Bluetooth from auto connecting to devices?

I have a BT reciever connected to my Logitech speakers in my bedroom. My Moto Z Play is paired to it and every time I"m in range it will connect to it so then I hear no sound from my phone at all. Now I can't turn Bluetooth off because I have my Samsung Gear S3 connected to it through Bluetooth. All i want to do is disconnect from the speaker upstairs and manually connect when I want to use it.

I already taped on the BT device I want off and the disconnect? window comes up, I hit OK, it disconnects but then just connects again. Why would it be doing that? It's very annoying. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 21,992
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is there a way to stop Bluetooth from auto connecting to devices?

@vice350z wrote:

I have a BT reciever connected to my Logitech speakers in my bedroom. My Moto Z Play is paired to it and every time I"m in range it will connect to it so then I hear no sound from my phone at all. Now I can't turn Bluetooth off because I have my Samsung Gear S3 connected to it through Bluetooth. All i want to do is disconnect from the speaker upstairs and manually connect when I want to use it.

I already taped on the BT device I want off and the disconnect? window comes up, I hit OK, it disconnects but then just connects again. Why would it be doing that? It's very annoying. 

Not that i know of.  Bt is made to auto connect.  I am not sire why it reconnects after a dsconnect.  I dont think it should.  But it could be the speakers doing it too. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
vice350z
Punch Card
Views: 21,957
Message 3 of 4

I figured how to keep it from connecting. I just clicked on the cog for the device and unticked the Media Audio option. That finally disconnects it. To reconnect, i just tap the device name and bringo...its connected again.

Highlighted
tfielstra
What's DOS?
Views: 184
Message 4 of 4

My problem is I want it to automatically connect if I don't already have it connected to another device. Really annoying when it cuts in to my conversation on my headset when I get into car & start it.

Top Kudoed Authors