Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex5000
Paper Tape
Views: 655
Message 1 of 10

MOTO Mod 360 Cam black Screen on Z2 Force

Hi all mods work in my Z2 Force. However I just purchased a 360 Cam Mod and this does only show a black screen.

I have updated the software to latest for 360. Still not working. 

I used several methods to start them cam - not working

I restarted the phone - not working

The screen remains black and the functions shown can not be executed. It's like a dead screen.

And yes I pulled of the camera protector too :-) 

When I pull the 360 mod off everything works fine with my phone.

Any idea how we are progressing ?

Alex 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 605
Message 2 of 10

Re: MOTO Mod 360 Cam black Screen on Z2 Force

Hi Alex,

Thanks for posting, and for the screenshot. I appreciate the steps you've tried. I'm wondering what could be causing this issue. Have you tried testing it while the phone is in safe mode? Let me know. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Alex5000
Paper Tape
Views: 596
Message 3 of 10

Hi Rich, no it is not in safe mode. I also purchased a second 360 module today. 

Same same - this it is definitely a problem with the phone and not with the module.

Would an entire reset of the phone an option - this is a painful action. However...

It seems to me that the normal kamera and the 360 are fused in the attached piczpic I have attached in my first post...

Let me know what other options we can do ?

Rgds Alex

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 562
Message 4 of 10

Hi Alex5000,

Thanks for replying. I'd like to clarify the camera 360 works with safe mode? Also, what happened after doing the reset? Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

gknight4
What's DOS?
Views: 308
Message 5 of 10

I have pretty much the same situation. I have the black screen with "Moto 360 Camera" displayed. In Safe Mode, I also have "Safe Mode" shown in the lower left corner.

In Settings, it shows that I have Modo Mods platform Version 2.5, and Moto Mods Manager 2.05.018.

Software updates reports: Moto Mod software is up to date.

It freezes with the black screen in both normal and safe mode, vibrates when the mod is added or removed, will go to the home screen if the home button is pressed, and goes back to normal when the mod is removed.

What can I try next?

Thanks!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 283
Message 6 of 10

Hi gknight4,

Thanks for posting on this thread. I appreciate all the steps you've tried. Have you tried testing the mod to another phone, just to see if you'll get the same results?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

IndiaBhai
Punch Card
Views: 171
Message 7 of 10

Hi Rich, chiming in to say I'm facing the same issue, with the same symptoms. Went through the same troubleshooting on my Z2 Force with no luck, and also tried my 360 mod (brand new in box btw) with my previous Z Force with no luck. Any insight on the problem? Can it be fixed with an app update or with the upcoming Pie update (I have a Verizon unit which is receiving it)?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 157
Message 8 of 10

Hi IndiaBhai,

Make sure all apps are up to date in the Play Store. Also, check if you have the latest software update for your mod. Just attach the mod and go to Settings > Moto Mod, Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

IndiaBhai
Punch Card
Views: 154
Message 9 of 10

Rich, I made sure all the apps are up to date. I also ran the update on the mod as soon as it was attached, it's on version 0.107 now. When I reached out to customer support yesterday, their suggestion was to reach back out to the seller because they didn't have any additional troubleshooting. Do you think that's the only step forward?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 111
Message 10 of 10

Hi IndiaBhai,

Thanks for posting. I don't have any further troubleshooting on this, make sure to remove the dust cover on the lens, otherwise, I would agree to have the phone replaced. Possible a hardware failure. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors