Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeryJ
What's DOS?
Views: 1,164
Message 1 of 11

Moto Gestures not working with Moto Folio on Moto Z Play

So I just bought the new Moto Folio Mod and I was trying to do the chop twice to turn the flashlight on because I was looking for something in the dark and I discovered that when I have the cover closed on my screen the Moto gestures don't seem to work at all. This is really inconvinient and I was wondering if I was the only one who had this problem or if others had this problem, and if so I personally think that this should be fixed

Artim96
802.11n
Views: 1,149
Message 2 of 11

Re: Moto Gestures not working with Moto Folio on Moto Z Play

Very strange. And that setting wasn't disabled somehow?
GeryJ
What's DOS?
Views: 1,108
Message 3 of 11

Not all all. Double checked that they were in and restarted too

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,104
Message 4 of 11

Doesn't the folio cover the rear and front LEDs when closed? 

It seems to me that if the folio cover is closed, then most functions should be deactivated. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
GeryJ
What's DOS?
Views: 1,099
Message 5 of 11

That is true when it is coveing the back of the phone. But oddly enough the gestures work when the cover is covering the rear camera and the LED's and then they don't work when the cover is covering the screen

jfran395
Token Ring
Views: 913
Message 6 of 11

I just bought the folio case for my Z2Play and found the same issue.  If I open the front cover and do the chop, it comes on fine.  I'm with the OP - I think this is something that should be looked at fixing in a future update.  I see no reason for the rear flashlight not to work just becasue there's a cover on the front!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 910
Message 7 of 11

@jfran395wrote:

I just bought the folio case for my Z2Play and found the same issue.  If I open the front cover and do the chop, it comes on fine.  I'm with the OP - I think this is something that should be looked at fixing in a future update.  I see no reason for the rear flashlight not to work just becasue there's a cover on the front!

How is the phone going to diifferentiate between in pocket and in case? It appears front sensors are part of this. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
pandraus
What's DOS?
Views: 146
Message 8 of 11

I have the same problem as OP.

That is crazy. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 69
Message 9 of 11

Hi,

Moto Action - Chop for flashlight cannot be launched when the proximity sensor is covered, same goes when the sensor is covered by the case. We're aware of this limitation, we'll pass it along but we can't guarantee any changes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Highlighted
pandraus
What's DOS?
Views: 63
Message 10 of 11

Thanks, Rich.

Please note that the camera also does not work (at least with me, Moto Z3 Play)

Top Kudoed Authors