cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssuhailnowshad
Serial Port
Views: 1,969
Message 1 of 25

Moto Z Play Hurts Massive Battery drain after August Security Update { India )

Moto Z Play Hurts Massive Battery drain after Recent August Security Update  ,

Normally my devices will charge once only in a day and will last all the day and get 7 to 8 hrs of screen On time in heavy usage

But after recent update i am getting around 4 to 5 hrs of usage only and im plugging charge for two times a day after this update.

Remember this is 3510mah power battery.

i hope other users (z play) are also facing same issue , if so please do bring another update after clearing Bug.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,914
Message 2 of 25

Re: Moto Z Play Hurts Massive Battery drain after Augest Security Update { India )

@ssuhailnowshad wrote:

Moto Z Play Hurts Massive Battery drain after Recent Augest Security Update  ,

Normally my devices will charge once only in a day and will last all the day and get 7 to 8 hrs of screen On time in heavy usage

But after recent update i am getting around 4 to 5 hrs of usage only and im plugging charge for two times a day after this update.

Remember this is 3510mah power battery.

i hope other users (z play) are also facing same issue , if so please do bring another update after clearing Bug.

Have you tested in safe mode?

To reboot into safe mode, tap the power button until you see power off on screen. Then tap and hold power off (on screen) and a new menu will appear to reboot into safe mode.

How about a reset? Reset the device, don't install or restore any apps and test for a day or so. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
ssuhailnowshad
Serial Port
Views: 1,907
Message 3 of 25

Re: Moto Z Play Hurts Massive Battery drain after Augest Security Update { India )

I had tested this problem with last 2 days.

i had not installed any apps in last 3 weeks,

i had cleared Caches and i had checked with safe mode.

Even in safe mode battery percent is Quickly discharging i noticed.

I am sure this problem has facing from next day after August Security Update.

Subhanshu99
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,873
Message 4 of 25

Re: Moto Z Play Hurts Massive Battery drain after August Security Update { India )

Yes I am also facing the same issue the battery is draining fast and the volume speaker is also sounding tiny after every update the quality of the speaker has been degraded it use to be very loud when launched with marshmallow 6.1
ssuhailnowshad
Serial Port
Views: 1,866
Message 5 of 25

Here is a snapshot look at that it explain all  drain in it.

i charged to 100% full in Morning and didn't used phone for 1 .30 hrs and now battery is at 96% how 4% discharge quickly with 0 ScreenOn Time .

NOTE:- There is No wifi ,No Mobile Data,No Background apps and deep low screen brightness (Manual not in Automatic) 

In old time and before update , if we dont used for 1 hrs then still the Battery will remains at 99% but this time 4% is Discharge its a Massive drain without using anything , so now you can expect what kind of time will we get if we use other apps and stuffs.

Remember this is 3510mah power battery and this 4% drain is Massive drain in 1 hr without 0 -1min  screen on time.

Reffer the screenshot for further information.

ssuhailnowshad
Serial Port
Views: 1,832
Message 6 of 25

Hello there,Please Respond something ,

@ForumsManager @agents kindly please respond something about this

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,806
Message 7 of 25

Re: Moto Z Play Hurts Massive Battery drain after August Security Update { India )

Hi ssuhailnowshadSubhanshu99,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to help I appreciate the steps you've tried. Let's try to re-calibrate the battery one more time. To calibrate the battery, hold the power button until the phone reboots > Plug into the supplied charger > Charge to 100% > Leave on the charger for at least an additional hour. This process will reset the battery table and allow the phone to calibrate. Let us know what happens after.

Also, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Subhanshu99
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,749
Message 8 of 25

I tried to calibrate the battery by charging it for extra 2 hours still after unplugging the charger i din't use my phone for almost 41 mins & battery was at 97% with 0 mins of screen on time. Earlier it wasn't the case it use to remain 99% after more than 1 hour of stand by, I am attaching the screenshot pls have a look.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,710
Message 9 of 25

Hi Subhanshu99,

Thanks for the screenshot. I wonder if there's an app running in the background that causes this issue. Could you please update your profile with the details needed, the instruction is given in my previous post. It will help me further investigate Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Subhanshu99
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,676
Message 10 of 25

Hi Agent_rich 

As you asked I have updated my profile with all the information you need. I want to mention one thing that I use the dual sim version of moto z play in india and one of my carrier operator is not in that list i.e Jio so I have mentioned one of my carrier operator. 

Please have a look and do something it's a serious issue still the battery drains so fast .Pls help . Thanks 

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More