Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahul29188
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,859
Message 1 of 10

Moto Z Play Miracast

Please enable the miracast feature on Moto Z Play in next update. Many of us want to connect it to smart tvs but it's limited to chromecast only. This is a very basic feature which is expected on almost all mid range devices. Please enable it as I don't want to root my phone. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,758
Message 2 of 10

Re: Moto Z Play Miracast

@rahul29188 wrote:

Please enable the miracast feature on Moto Z Play in next update. Many of us want to connect it to smart tvs but it's limited to chromecast only. This is a very basic feature which is expected on almost all mid range devices. Please enable it as I don't want to root my phone. 

Hi rahul29188,

Thanks for this feedback. I can't guarantee that it will be granted but I will forward your insight to our product team.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

rahul29188
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,756
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for your kind reply and consideration. Still I want to say that it's the problem of many not only mine. You can see on internet how users are looking for and complaining about this feature. I would request you to convince your team for the same. 

Thanks again in advance. 

Regards

Rahul Vishwakarma

royalt1217
Paper Tape
Views: 4,727
Message 4 of 10

I agree, it is rather appalling that they would limit such a useful technology as casting to only specific devices given the hardware is fully capable. Get it together, please.

beachbowi
Paper Tape
Views: 4,602
Message 5 of 10

I should have read the Z Play phone specifications more closely. I am extremely disappointed to find out that my new Z Play phone does not allow Miracast. That would have been a deal breaker. I don't own a Chromecast and don't want one. Extremely disappointed, Motorola!
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 4,588
Message 6 of 10

@beachbowi wrote:
I should have read the Z Play phone specifications more closely. I am extremely disappointed to find out that my new Z Play phone does not allow Miracast. That would have been a deal breaker. I don't own a Chromecast and don't want one. Extremely disappointed, Motorola!

Google removed Miracast from stock android many versions ago. And since Motorola builds on stock android with very little modifications, most of their phones have not had Miracast in many years. 

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2907520/streaming-media/how-to-use-miracast-to-mirror-your-devices-sc...

Android supported Miracast, in Android 4.2 (KitKat) and Android 5 (Lollipop). However, Google dropped native Miracast support in Android 6 (Marshmallow) and later. If you want to mirror the display from a newer Android phone or tablet, you’ll need to do so via Chromecast.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Jerry4327
What's DOS?
Views: 2,590
Message 7 of 10

I Guess if Motorola wants Miracast on moto z they need to write their own code .

ton1947
What's DOS?
Views: 1,808
Message 8 of 10

Why can't Lenovo deliver the Miracast service?

Huawi P Smart also with Android 8 has no problem in delivering it.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,802
Message 9 of 10

Because Moto phones run stock Android, and Miracast is not part of stock Android.  Huawei phones do not use stock Android, they have their own custom skin on top of Android.

~Scott
mirospeedy67
Paper Tape
Views: 900
Message 10 of 10

Please enable the miracast feature on my MOTO  Z PLAY in next update many of us want to connect it to Smart tv...thank's

Top Kudoed Authors