Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Monique3
Blue Screen Again
Views: 787
Message 1 of 3

Moto Z Play - Screen Unresponsive and phone remains locked

Unfortunately after dropping my phone, the screen has become unsresponsive and I cannot unlock with the fingerprint sensor. (it requests the pin)

I cannot unlock the phone

I cannot turn the phone off since I don't have the option to choose that.

I have restarted, I have done the 'hard' restart by pressing both volume down and power button. 

Phone is fully charged.

I see other suggestions, but they require to start with the power off. I cannot turn the power off, since the touch screen is unresponsive, so it will just restart.

Please help! Thank you!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 702
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto Z Play - Screen Unresponsive and phone remains locked

Hi Monique3,

Thanks for posting. Are you using a screen protector for your phone? Since it might When you meant by "hard" restart, are you pertaining to an external reset? 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Forums Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Monique3
Blue Screen Again
Views: 693
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto Z Play - Screen Unresponsive and phone remains locked

Hello Agent_Zeke,

I meant that I followed all the know instructions on the Moto support site. I re-started by pressing both the volume down and start button. As well as with the sim card removed.

I took it to a repair shop, they suspect that something physically broke inside the phone and short of spending $135+ to see if a new screen would fix the problem, they couldn't do anything either.

I just bought a new phone.

Thanks for responding.

Monique

Top Kudoed Authors