Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jayli
Fanfold Paper
Views: 129
Message 1 of 5

Moto Z Play Won't transfer to PC over USB 3.1 Type-C

Everytime I try to transfer files from my phone to my Windows 10 Pro PC over USB 3.1 Type-C it errors like this, the Port is fine the cable is fine, fix your phone.Screenshot_133.pngScreenshot_134.png

Screenshot_131.pngScreenshot_132.png

Porphyrius
802.11n
Views: 120
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto Z Play Won't transfer to PC over USB 3.1 Type-C

Have you installed the Motorola Window's drivers?

https://support.motorola.com/us/en/solution/MS88481

ii0cGRyMoto G3 USB screenshot

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 118
Message 3 of 5

Hi Jayli,

Thanks for posting and for the screenshots. Please make sure you set the USB configuration to Media Transfer Protocol (MTP). You can select this option once you plug your phone in to the computer, swipe down from the notification panel and you would see different sets of options (PTP, MTP, Charging Ony). Kindly select MTP or PTP. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Highlighted
Jayli
Fanfold Paper
Views: 107
Message 4 of 5

That's exactly what it's set to, i even went into the developer options and forced it to mtp look at the images in device manager it clearly says mtp.

It'll only transfer on usb3.0 and 2.0 type-a to type-c the type-c 3.1 port on my system will not allow transfers even though the cable is perfectly fine and meets 3.1 standards.

@Porphyrius i don't know what version of the Moto Z Play you have but your OS is outdated the icons on 8.0 are completely different as seen in my screenshotsScreenshot_20181206-143821.png

Screenshot_20181206-144519.png

7robertsons
Paper Tape
Views: 20
Message 5 of 5

I have the Moto Z Force I've been having the same issue. My PC keeps telling me that the device drivers are corrupted. After the last update it reset my developer options. Even after re-doing them it still won't work. All of my USB ports are good and the cable will charge the phone just doesn't connect for media transfer.
Top Kudoed Authors