cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arunhooda
Paper Tape
Views: 1,901
Message 1 of 22

Moto Z Play lost Volte function after recent update.

After recent update Volte function disable from mobile networks.

Cache partition wipe done but problem still not solved.

Testing mode [REMOVED] also tried for enabling volte but didn't worked.

Please suggest

• Edited due to Site Rules violation: Putting dial codes- Jess
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,831
Message 2 of 22

Re: Moto Z Play lost Volte function after recent update.

@Arunhooda wrote:

After recent update Volte function disable from mobile networks.

Cache partition wipe done but problem still not solved.

Testing mode [REMOVED] also tried for enabling volte but didn't worked.

Please suggest

Edited due to Site Rules violation: Putting dial codes- Jess

Have you tried resetting network under backup and reset? 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Arunhooda
Paper Tape
Views: 1,799
Message 3 of 22

Re: Moto Z Play lost Volte function after recent update.

Yes i have already tried this but it didnt work for this issue.

Rafeekhmaneesh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,749
Message 4 of 22

MOTO Z PLAY(INDIA) VolTe not working after Noughat update

Team,

After the Nougat update, their is NO enable VoLTE option, infact there is NO VoLTE option anywhere in the device.

(Moto Z Play Indain variant).Working fine in previous version of android. Tried resetting the device,changed sim slots and even tried in safe mode but not working. Please look into this ASAP. I have updated my profile here

Moto Z Play

Build Number NPNS25.137-24-1-9

Android security patch level April 1 2017

Android version 7.0

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,685
Message 5 of 22

Re: MOTO Z PLAY(INDIA) VolTe not working after Noughat update

Hi Rafeekhmaneesh,

Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? is it okay if we look at your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Update your profile here

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Rafeekhmaneesh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,640
Message 6 of 22

Hi Jes,

I have already updated my imei no. in my profile.You can look at my apps and motorola privacy is enabled in my phone.It seems to be an issue with the os update. Anyway request you to check at the earliest.

Lavriv
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,494
Message 7 of 22

I have same probelm with my US VERIZON Unlocked version with T-mobile SIM card. Other usefull info may be:

Android Version 7.0
Configuration version I15.MOT.XT1635-01.0
Baseband version M8953_10222.33.04.62R ADDISON_VZW_CUST
kernel version 3.18.31-perf651357-00001-gf7a6332
Build number NDN25.137-24.4

IMEI 3541 3007 4832 277

IMEI SV 00

Update:

I read on this site, on other treads with advice to swap SIM cards. SO I did, since I have already Werizon SIM card delivered with the phone, (Not activated). After instaling that SIM card VoLTE showed up as "Advaced Calling" option in Settings. After puting back T-Mobile card this option was still present in settings. I try to activate "Advanced Calling) but got error activation message and , then press OK, windows closed by it self and "Advanced calling" options dissapeared from setting menu

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,451
Message 8 of 22

Hi Lavriv,

Have you tried doing clear cache partition? This would help us clear all caches caused by the update. Heres's the link on how to do clear cache partition.

Take note that "Advance Calling" option from Settings menu will only appear when you have Verizon sim card inserted as this option is exclusive only for Verizon. Try doing the above steps and see if that would help.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Lavriv
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,441
Message 9 of 22

My Issue is that VoLTE isn't available with my T-Mobile sim card inserter in my unlocked Verizon phone. As you mentione there is no solution for this problem. So, kind a wasted $350 buying unlocked phone which does not have Volte, ca't use band 12 or 14 given by T-mobile. Obviosly definition of "unlocked phone" changes, and I didn't know about it. Now I know and I know that I never should buy unlocked phone any more. Time of unlocked phone which works same way on any carrier is gone

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,439
Message 10 of 22

@Lavriv wrote:

My Issue is that VoLTE isn't available with my T-Mobile sim card inserter in my unlocked Verizon phone. As you mentione there is no solution for this problem. So, kind a wasted $350 buying unlocked phone which does not have Volte, ca't use band 12 or 14 given by T-mobile. Obviosly definition of "unlocked phone" changes, and I didn't know about it. Now I know and I know that I never should buy unlocked phone any more. Time of unlocked phone which works same way on any carrier is gone

You did not buy a gsm unlocked phone that works on any carrier. You biught a Verizon branded phone. Motorola sells a GSM unlocked variant that does work on any GSM carrier. 

Verizon was required to allow other sim cards in their phones, but their phones are not required to have all bands. 

Unlocked has never meant that a phone will work on all networks. People have imported unlocked europe phones for years, but they usually were missing some frequencies and didnt work anywhere. 

Unlocked phones are actually better now then before. But they are not global or universal. You have to read the tech details. Moto X Pure did work on all carriers. Nexus and pixel are too. Iphone has an unlocked for all, but also sells carrier branded. You have to read specs. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors