Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Merekat105
What's DOS?
Views: 1,010
Message 1 of 6

Moto Z play will not send MMS

About 5 days ago my Moto Z play stopped being able to send MMS to any network. When I attempt to send one, it'll show "sending..." for several minutes and then the red "the message could not be sent" error. It is running Android 8.0.0 and my provider is Mint sim (on the T-Mobile network). I've rebooted the phone. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 973
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto Z play will not send MMS

Hi Merekat105,

Thanks for posting. Let's try resetting your APN Settings (Settings > Network and Internet > Mobile Network > Access Point Names). Once done try sending an MMS and if we're still having the same error, kindly contact Mint and check if you have the correct APN settings. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

sprngz
What's DOS?
Views: 213
Message 3 of 6

i don't have APN button in the settings as described, where would it be?  -  i can't send group texts nor send photos/pics to anyone via Messages app whether individual or group

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 186
Message 4 of 6

Hi sprngz,

It depends on your carrier. Usually, CDMA carrier doesn't have APN, can you please confirm what's your carrier?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Highlighted
sprngz
What's DOS?
Views: 174
Message 5 of 6

it's a Kynect but it shows as Sprint network - I reached out to them and they did some system reset and it's working now, but i have no idea why the APN doesn't show, i forgot to ask agagain
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 116
Message 6 of 6

Hi sprngz,

Thanks for confirming. Sprint is a CDMA carrier - APN cannot be adjusted in the Settings. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors