Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
princesslala
Paper Tape
Views: 1,009
Message 31 of 98

Re: Moto Z² stuck on boot screen

I tried the SUA steps and my phone is still stuck on the boot screen.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,013
Message 32 of 98

@princesslala wrote:

I tried the SUA steps and my phone is still stuck on the boot screen.

Smiley Frustrated Thank you for trying. I'll report this back to our engineers. Do you happen to have an SD Card in your phone? If so can you try removing the card and see if it boots?

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
princesslala
Paper Tape
Views: 1,008
Message 33 of 98

You're welcome.

I removed the SD card prior to using the SUA.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier is that the SUA red button said Repair, not Restore (I'm on Windows). Is a repair the same as a restore?

Highlighted
Motorola Admin
Views: 990
Message 34 of 98

@princesslala wrote:

You're welcome.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier is that the SUA red button said Repair, not Restore (I'm on Windows). Is a repair the same as a restore?

Yes, I apologize for the confusion. One last question when you tried SUA did you choose to keep data or erase all user data?

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
princesslala
Paper Tape
Views: 986
Message 35 of 98

@MotorolaTom wrote:

@princesslala wrote:

You're welcome.

Yes, I apologize for the confusion. One last question when you tried SUA did you choose to keep data or erase all user data?

-Tom

I kept the user data. 

FredMeyer
Paper Tape
Views: 975
Message 36 of 98

No joy on using the Software Upgrade Assistant either. 

I went to my Verizon store this morning and they're shipping me out a replacement phone.  It won't be here until tomorrow but hopefully that one won't also get nailed by this glitch...

Motorola Admin
Views: 966
Message 37 of 98

@princesslala wrote:

@MotorolaTom wrote:

@princesslala wrote:

You're welcome.

-Tom

I kept the user data. 

:/ I hate to do this, but is it possible that you can try again with erasing user data this time? If it boots, try setting up the phone. Let me know if there is an update available on the Play Store for the Verizon Security & Protection app. If so don't install it yet and let me know if you get stuck in the boot loop again. 

-Tom

Motorola Admin
Views: 965
Message 38 of 98

@FredMeyer wrote:

No joy on using the Software Upgrade Assistant either. 

I went to my Verizon store this morning and they're shipping me out a replacement phone.  It won't be here until tomorrow but hopefully that one won't also get nailed by this glitch...

Thank you very much for trying. 

-Tom

princesslala
Paper Tape
Views: 961
Message 39 of 98

@MotorolaTom wrote:

@princesslala wrote:

@MotorolaTom wrote:

@princesslala wrote:

You're welcome.

-Tom

I kept the user data. 

:/ I hate to do this, but is it possible that you can try again with erasing user data this time? If it boots, try setting up the phone. Let me know if there is an update available on the Play Store for the Verizon Security & Protection app. If so don't install it yet and let me know if you get stuck in the boot loop again. 

-Tom

I will do the repair and erase the user data. I will check back in afterwards before applying any updates. 

princesslala
Paper Tape
Views: 952
Message 40 of 98

@princesslala wrote:

@MotorolaTom wrote:

@princesslala wrote:

@MotorolaTom wrote:

@princesslala wrote:

You're welcome.

-Tom

I kept the user data. 

-Tom

I will do the repair and erase the user data. I will check back in afterwards before applying any updates. 

My phone booted up after the SUA with erasing data and I was able to get it set up. There is an update in the Play store for the Verizon Security & Protection App, which I have not applied. Do you want me to restart my phone to see if it gets stuck again?

Top Kudoed Authors