Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david-axelrod
Fanfold Paper
Views: 386
Message 51 of 95

Re: Moto Z² stuck on boot screen

I'm having the exact issue. My phone died and after I charged it to full power it keep me in this weird boot sequence. I see the blue Moto Sceeen with "Powered by android" at the bottom. It stays on that screen for anywhere from 3-10 seconds and then the screen goes black only to bring back the Moto logo. It is incredible frustrating as my manager and I communicate through text frequently. 

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 384
Message 52 of 95

@britt1215 and @david-axelrod Can you try using SUA repair/recovery with deleting user data? Then once the phone is back up and running don't update the Verizon Security app and see if the issue returns.

-Tom

david-axelrod
Fanfold Paper
Views: 382
Message 53 of 95

I will try that after I'm assured there is absolutely no other way to get out of the boot sequence. I should not be forced to delete all my data because of an update pushed from Motorola. I appreciate you being helpful but it's not right for the company to screw over it's customers like this.

britt1215
Paper Tape
Views: 366
Message 54 of 95

Sorry can't try that. I'm at work all day and cannot download the SUA on a work computer.

SteveSly
Fanfold Paper
Views: 350
Message 55 of 95

This is my issue, also.  I dont own a PC, and have a work laptop. Cant get approval to download software not pertaining to work. So, I am just not turning my phone off, ever, ever again.  I have wiped it twice, and look forward to an actual answer to this issue. I refuse to sit through people telling me to do things ive already done, unsuccessfuly, for an hour....my time is valuable, which is why I have a smart phone in the first place. 

Highlighted
Motorola Admin
Views: 345
Message 56 of 95

@SteveSly wrote:

This is my issue, also.  I dont own a PC, and have a work laptop. Cant get approval to download software not pertaining to work. So, I am just not turning my phone off, ever, ever again.  I have wiped it twice, and look forward to an actual answer to this issue. I refuse to sit through people telling me to do things ive already done, unsuccessfuly, for an hour....my time is valuable, which is why I have a smart phone in the first place. 

I'm curious did you see an update for the Verizon Security app? If so, did you install it? I understand your time is valuable and I'm doing my best to get to the root cause of this.

-Tom

Motorola Admin
Views: 376
Message 57 of 95

@david-axelrod wrote:

I will try that after I'm assured there is absolutely no other way to get out of the boot sequence. I should not be forced to delete all my data because of an update pushed from Motorola. I appreciate you being helpful but it's not right for the company to screw over it's customers like this.

I understand your concerns, however, at this point, I don't believe there is any way around the factory resetting the device. Smiley Sad If we do come up with another recovery method, I will definitely share it with you all. 

-Tom

david-axelrod
Fanfold Paper
Views: 372
Message 58 of 95

I'll wait, my data is too valuable not to. Please note I have a Moto Z play, not a Z^2.
david-axelrod
Fanfold Paper
Views: 318
Message 59 of 95

Re: Moto Z Play 2 stuck in start-up loop after latest software update.

Check out this other thread. A guy from Motorola has been responding but long story short, there is no fix other than wiping your phones data. Really considering a samsung after this.....

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Play/Moto-Z-stuck-on-boot-screen/td-p/4091708/page/4

Motorola Admin
Views: 365
Message 60 of 95

@david-axelrod wrote:
I'll wait, my data is too valuable not to. Please note I have a Moto Z play, not a Z^2.

That's interesting as we didn't push a new update recently for Moto Z Play, when did you start having this issue? The last update we pushed was a couple weeks ago and it was a minor update, not a full OS update. Can you update your forum profile with the IMEI or SN from your device? You should be able to get the Serial number by going into Fastboot (hold power button + Volume down).

-Tom

Top Kudoed Authors