Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david-axelrod
Fanfold Paper
Views: 389
Message 61 of 95

Re: Moto Z² stuck on boot screen

Just updated my profile with the SN. It very well might be verizon's security app using root access to scan for viruses on startup which messes with one of your processes. Either way, please keep us in the loop as you have been.
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 385
Message 62 of 95

@david-axelrod wrote:
Just updated my profile with the SN. It very well might be verizon's security app using root access to scan for viruses on startup which messes with one of your processes. Either way, please keep us in the loop as you have been.

That's a good thought. I passed it on to our engineering team. I'll try to keep you updated as I learn more. 

-Tom

SteveSly
Fanfold Paper
Views: 383
Message 63 of 95

Quick Update to all: MotorolaTom saves the day.  I went into my apps, and disabled the Verizon Security & Privacy app (its preloaded so you cant uninstall it).  I then restarted my phone, while praying, and it booted back up with no issue.  

britt1215
Paper Tape
Views: 379
Message 64 of 95

Thanks, I will do that right away once Verizon send me the new phone

david-axelrod
Fanfold Paper
Views: 377
Message 65 of 95

Glad to hear your prayers were heard by the moto gods. But for real, how'd you get to my apps when it's stuck in the boot process??
SteveSly
Fanfold Paper
Views: 375
Message 66 of 95

Sorry man....Im on my 2nd factory reset, wiping all data. 

@david-axelrod wrote:
Glad to hear your prayers were heard by the moto gods. But for real, how'd you get to my apps when it's stuck in the boot process??

Highlighted
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 383
Message 67 of 95

@SteveSly wrote:

Quick Update to all: MotorolaTom saves the day.  I went into my apps, and disabled the Verizon Security & Privacy app (its preloaded so you cant uninstall it).  I then restarted my phone, while praying, and it booted back up with no issue.  

This is great news, but I want to be cautious. Please keep me updated on if the issue returns or not. This also means that if it does turn out to be the app and others are still stuck in the boot loop the only recovery would be factory reset and then disable the app until we can figure out why the app is causing an issue.  Smiley Frustrated

-Tom

david-axelrod
Fanfold Paper
Views: 397
Message 68 of 95

Understood, thanks though. Glad at least one of us got their phone back!
princesslala
Paper Tape
Views: 395
Message 69 of 95

@MotorolaTom wrote:

@princesslala wrote:

@princesslala wrote:

@MotorolaTom wrote:

@princesslala wrote:

@MotorolaTom wrote:

@princesslala wrote:

You're welcome.

I removed the SD card prior to using the SUA.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier is that the SUA red button said Repair, not Restore (I'm on Windows). Is a repair the same as a restore?

Yes, I apologize for the confusion. One last question when you tried SUA did you choose to keep data or erase all user data?

-Tom

I kept the user data. 

:/ I hate to do this, but is it possible that you can try again with erasing user data this time? If it boots, try setting up the phone. Let me know if there is an update available on the Play Store for the Verizon Security & Protection app. If so don't install it yet and let me know if you get stuck in the boot loop again. 

-Tom

I will do the repair and erase the user data. I will check back in afterwards before applying any updates. 

My phone booted up after the SUA with erasing data and I was able to get it set up. There is an update in the Play store for the Verizon Security & Protection App, which I have not applied. Do you want me to restart my phone to see if it gets stuck again?

Let's restart a few times without updating that app to see if it gets into the loop again.

-Tom

I have restarted once successfully. Yay! I will try again tonight after I am home for the day. 

Thank you for the help @MotorolaTom!!

FredMeyer
Paper Tape
Views: 399
Message 70 of 95

Tom-- I never had any indication of any updates on my phone. I just happened to reboot it Sunday as I noticed that the battery life had been shorter the past two-three days.

Top Kudoed Authors