cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daddyslap
Paper Tape
Views: 928
Message 91 of 98

Re: Moto Z2 Play 8.0 Update - Phone is now dead and won't charge.

In case anyone is still having the same problem I was, Here is my solution. After searching for around 3 days, I finally found a moto mod external battery for sale on facebook (The motorola website, Bestbuy, and Amazon among other retailers are and have been sold out of these).

After connecting the battery, the phone charged up really slow to around 20% by killing the fully charged battery pack. I then hooked up the phone to a charger and the battery pack to a different charger where the phone stayed steady and the battery pack charged.

Rinse/repeat to 100%, and now my phone charges on a regular charger without the battery pack like it was brand new. I don't know if there was a software update when the moto mod was attached, but it now works fine...

Motorola's solution was to buy a brand new phone, but I'll hold on to this one until it dies for sure, and then I'll look to buy a non-motorola phone.

catdozer
Paper Tape
Views: 827
Message 92 of 98

Re: Moto Z² stuck on boot screen

Well my phone is stuck in a boot loop. I have done all the resets, except for the factory hard reset. I want the photo data off my phone, I could not use the cloud do to location issues and I had problems with the sd card slot. Anyboby know a way to recover the data or do a custom boot?

Dragonfly519
Paper Tape
Views: 817
Message 93 of 98

I took my SD card out, as recommended, and it worked for a couple hours but it just shut down on me again.  It didn't take me as many tries to get it to turn back on but still.  Also, I had the same model phone before and this never happened.  The only reason I got a new phone is because the old one had really bad burn-in on the screen.  I was told it was probably from a bad batch of phones.  Anyway, I'm starting to wonder if this model of phone is just has too many issues for me.

Dragonfly519
Paper Tape
Views: 803
Message 94 of 98

Update:  I disabled Verizon Security and Protection a few hours ago and it hasn't shut down since.

@Dragonfly519 wrote:

I took my SD card out, as recommended, and it worked for a couple hours but it just shut down on me again.  It didn't take me as many tries to get it to turn back on but still.  Also, I had the same model phone before and this never happened.  The only reason I got a new phone is because the old one had really bad burn-in on the screen.  I was told it was probably from a bad batch of phones.  Anyway, I'm starting to wonder if this model of phone is just has too many issues for me.

Dragonfly519
Paper Tape
Views: 787
Message 95 of 98

Update #2: It has now shut down about 3 times since disabling Verizon Security and Protection. It seems to be happening when I'm using a certain app though. I'm not sure there's anything more I can do.
StratusFearMe21
What's DOS?
Views: 549
Message 96 of 98

FACTORY RESET IS NOT NEEDED

This is very complicated but worked for me, hold down off button and volume down buttons UNTIL YOU SEE THE RECOVERY SCREEN. DO NOT LET GO WHEN SCREEN GOES BLACK. use the volume keys to move through the options, and sleep/wake button to select. select Restart Bootloader. After the screen goes black and it comes back select start. This fixed my phone without factory resemotorola-moto-z2-play.jpg

pratiksha16
What's DOS?
Views: 151
Message 97 of 98

Out of the blue, my device has shown the same problem as mentioned above. Its not getting in recovery mode or factory reset. It is showing:

Start up failed:

Your device didn't start up successfully.

Use the software repair assistant on computer

to repair your device.

Connect your device to your computer to get

the software repair assistant.

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (Secure)

Fastboot reason: Volume down key pressed

ERROR: Linux boot failed.

Please mention the solution to this. I downloaded lenovo-moto smart assistant but that did not solve the issue. Please help.

P.S. My device completed 2 years today on 13.07.2019  Smiley Sad

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 137
Message 98 of 98

Hi pratiksha16,

Thanks for trying the LMSA in recovering your phone. Please note, we cannot guarantee that the tool will successfully recover the phone, in that case, we recommend to send the phone for repair. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors