Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dnschultz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,718
Message 11 of 98

Re: DEAD Moto z2 after spontaneous restarts

Like I said I visited a very popular local Verizon store that sees alot of traffic.  It just seems like the motos older than z3's seem to have a common denominator. I was the 5th one with the same problem. Fortunately my phone is still under warranty but I'm hoping to resolve this problem Monday after normal business hours resume. 

brkphone
What's DOS?
Views: 2,577
Message 12 of 98

Re: Moto Z² stuck on boot screen

So ya Lenovo update just screwed up my phone royaly. I prompted the update (because it would not leave me the hell alone) and shortly after my phone got stuck in boot mode. I have tried every single method listed. It wont even let me do a factory reset. It says "no command" or some BS like that. I have had this phone for 3 months after the SAME model phone's battery decided to crap out. So im about done with lenovo. 

Wyoneb
What's DOS?
Views: 2,550
Message 13 of 98

This has happened to me also, but it is not the case.  My screen looks the same except it says "powered by android" at the bottom of the screen.  I accidently made it power off a couple nights ago, and when it came back on it is stuck on this screen.  I've had it occasionally go a little bit further into the start up process, but it always goes back to this.  Often it will turn off for a split second and go right back to this screen.  Sometimes it does that every 5 to 10 seconds for a long time.  Last night it had ran out of battery.  When I charged it up and turned it on it went through the full startup, but then when it got to ther verizon screen it paused and went back to the screen the original poster here showed.  I have tried all the different options and they all just go back to this screen.  I was really hoping not to lose the pictures on this phone.

TadH
Paper Tape
Views: 2,530
Message 14 of 98

Exact same thing happened to me last night, except the device rebooted in the middle of a game. Won't get past the splash screen now. HELP, Motorola! I am getting "failed to read fstab from dt" in the recovery logs.

Bare phone, no cases or accessories.

brkphone
What's DOS?
Views: 2,476
Message 15 of 98

Ya so basically Motorola's update just screwed over a sht load of phones? I was avoiding this update like the plauge. I ignored it for 3 days but it just kept annoying me. Every time I went to use it, the stupid update prompt was there. I just brought it into the verizon store and the guy told me all he could do was send me a replacement phone. I just had to replace this same model 3 months ago for a different issue (not my fault). Im done with motorola. Now I wont have a phone until tuesday at the earliest. I run a business from this phone. Do you think any one at motorola is going to giv a sht?! That they screwed over a bunch of loyal customers with their shotty a$$ updates!?! Nope. 

mccor119
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,278
Message 16 of 98

I am having the same issue since the update, my phone will not make it past the splash screen. I have tried to force factory reset and recovery mode. Will Motorola be covering the cost to replace my phone?

mccor119
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,668
Message 17 of 98

Since the update started, my phone is in the continuous restart loop as well. Will Motorola be covering the cost of my replacement phone?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,665
Message 18 of 98

@mccor119 wrote:

Since the update started, my phone is in the continuous restart loop as well. Will Motorola be covering the cost of my replacement phone?

Have you tried recovery mode and reset from there?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
britt1215
Paper Tape
Views: 2,182
Message 19 of 98

I am also having the same issue. I installed the update Friday. My phone has been slower since, so I decided to restart this afternoon. It got stuck on the blue Moto powered by android screen and will not turn on. Now cycles rapidly between the blue moto screen and a black screen. Has been doing this for 8 hours and counting

SteveSly
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,889
Message 20 of 98

Mine, on Friday, got stuck after I restarted it because the bluetooth wouldnt stop playing after I closed everything on my phone. After the restart, it got stuck on the boot screen. I had to do a factory reset, and that seemed to cure it.  I fearfully powered it down this morning, and when I turned it back on...same thing. Stuck on the boot screen.  MOTOROLA, LENOVO....WHATS UP?!?!?!?!?!?! So I have to do another factory reset, and then NEVER POWER OFF MY PHONE???? 

Top Kudoed Authors