Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brkphone
What's DOS?
Views: 1,459
Message 21 of 98

Re: Moto Z² stuck on boot screen

So what is Motorolla going to do about this update breaking every ones phone? 

mccor119
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,206
Message 22 of 98

Re: DEAD Moto z2 after spontaneous restarts

Yes. the phone will boot up to the lock screen and then starts the reboot loop.

britt1215
Paper Tape
Views: 1,429
Message 23 of 98

Per the (non-helpful) verizon tech help's advice, I let my battery drain overnight. Recharged this morning; just tried to turn it on again and same problem.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,221
Message 24 of 98

Re: DEAD Moto z2 after spontaneous restarts

We've seen a few of these reports where devices are stuck in a boot loop after the Oreo update. We're currently investigating. If you haven't already can you make sure your forum profile is updated with the correct IMEI or SN form your device? Also, I'd like to do some additional troubleshooting to see if we can help recover your device.

Please try the following steps and let me know if it works.

• Download and then install the "Verizon Software Update Assistant" on your computer from these links.
  • Reboot the phone into Fastboot/Recovery
  • Power off your phone
  • Hold “Volume Down + Power” for at-least 3 seconds and then release the buttons
  • Connect your phone to that PC via a USB cable.
  • Open the "Verizon Software Update Assistant" application on your Windows PC (if you haven't already).
    • Wait a good 10-30 seconds (at least) for the "Verizon Software Update Assistant" to a) check for updates to itself, and then b) discover your attached smartphone.
  • When available, click on the red "Restore" button within the "SUA App"
  • Choose whether to erase or keep all your data during this process. By default, the app will not erase user data
  • It will take around 30 minutes to download the image, decompress that Android image, and then install it to the phone. After that process is done though, the phone should reboot.

Note:
If SUA tool fails to decompress the files
Uninstall the Verizon SUA tool from the computer.
Reboot the computer
Start over at step 1 of the Restoring the device.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,422
Message 25 of 98

We've seen a few of these reports where devices are stuck in a boot loop after the Oreo update. We're currently investigating. If you haven't already can you make sure your forum profile is updated with the correct IMEI or SN form your device? Also, I'd like to do some additional troubleshooting to see if we can help recover your device.

Please try the following steps and let me know if it works.

• Download and then install the "Verizon Software Update Assistant" on your computer from these links.
  • Reboot the phone into Fastboot/Recovery
  • Power off your phone
  • Hold “Volume Down + Power” for at-least 3 seconds and then release the buttons
  • Connect your phone to that PC via a USB cable.
  • Open the "Verizon Software Update Assistant" application on your Windows PC (if you haven't already).
    • Wait a good 10-30 seconds (at least) for the "Verizon Software Update Assistant" to a) check for updates to itself, and then b) discover your attached smartphone.
  • When available, click on the red "Restore" button within the "SUA App"
  • Choose whether to erase or keep all your data during this process. By default, the app will not erase user data
  • It will take around 30 minutes to download the image, decompress that Android image, and then install it to the phone. After that process is done though, the phone should reboot.

Note:
If SUA tool fails to decompress the files
Uninstall the Verizon SUA tool from the computer.
Reboot the computer
Start over at step 1 of the Restoring the device.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
britt1215
Paper Tape
Views: 1,418
Message 26 of 98

Thanks. Updated my profile with SN.

Will try the reboot instructions at lunch.

Motorola Admin
Views: 1,413
Message 27 of 98

@britt1215 wrote:

Thanks. Updated my profile with SN.

Will try the reboot instructions at lunch.

Thank you, please keep me updated

-Tom

SteveSly
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,410
Message 28 of 98

What about me, though.  Ive already wiped data and factory reset twice.  What do I do, to ensure it doesnt happen again? This same process? 

Motorola Admin
Views: 1,404
Message 29 of 98

@SteveSly wrote:

What about me, though.  Ive already wiped data and factory reset twice.  What do I do, to ensure it doesnt happen again? This same process? 

I asked all users to update their forum profiles and try recovering with SUA to see if it helps. (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Play/Moto-Z-stuck-on-boot-screen/m-p/4252495#M4464)

-Tom

princesslala
Paper Tape
Views: 1,356
Message 30 of 98

I am experiencing the same problem and am tring the SUA now. 

Top Kudoed Authors