Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
britt1215
Paper Tape
Views: 986
Message 41 of 98

Re: Moto Z² stuck on boot screen

By erasing data, what exactly will be lost? I believe my contacts & photos are backed up.

princesslala
Paper Tape
Views: 1,048
Message 42 of 98

Mine was basically like a brand new phone, but all my contacts and pictures are backed up on my gmail account, so I could restore them. I was also given the option of restoring all my apps, recent calls and one other thing from a back up. But I didn't do the apps in case that was the problem. 

I haven't tried restarting it again, so I am not sure if it is actually fixed or just temporarily working. I'm waiting to see what Tom says. 

RJ023
What's DOS?
Views: 926
Message 43 of 98

Phone stuck in boot loop after Update 8.0.0

I've have my Moto Z2 Play for a year. Never had a problem.

Over the weekend, I had to download and install the lastest software update. After is was complete, my phone got stuck in a boot loop ( It starts up, goes black and starts up again. After five seconds it shuts off again and repeats). So I had to get a new phone. Today, my phone came with the 8.0.0 update installed. I go to reinstall all of my apps and then turned the phone off. When I turn the phone back on, IT GETS STUCK IN THE BOOT LOOP!

I must also note that since this issue, I have gone through every troubleshooting step, and nothing worked.

So, once again, I have to get another phone...

It won't be another Motorola.

shortcake25
Paper Tape
Views: 946
Message 44 of 98

Moto Z Play 2 stuck in start-up loop after latest software update.

I did the update last Fri morning (10-26-18). My phone was working perfectly up to that point. After installing the update my phone was stuck in the start-up loop. I received my replacement phone today and it automatically downloaded the update and I not knowing it was the same update and installed the update and now my replacement phone is also stuck on the start-up loop. I am now waiting for my second replacement phone. Please either fix the stupid update or kill it. I really don't like that the phones automatically download the updates, I would rather it asked me if I would like to download the update myself. That way I can choose to have it on my phone or not just in case it happens to be another BAD update!!

St8ksauce
What's DOS?
Views: 936
Message 45 of 98

Re: Moto Z Play 2 stuck in start-up loop after latest software update.

Having exactly the same issue.  Verizon is having to send me another phone for the second time.  Does Lenovo have anything to fix this? 

richprof
Paper Tape
Views: 885
Message 46 of 98

Re: DEAD Moto z2 after spontaneous restarts

Tom,

Thanks for your suggestion. I am the OP on this thread. I downloaded the SUA App, and (with some effort) I was able to get the app to discover my device. I did the repair operation, downloading and re-installing the image. After the process was completed, the Moto Z2 Play continues to be stuck in the reboot loop. No difference.

But thanks again. What next?

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 983
Message 47 of 98

@princesslala wrote:

@princesslala wrote:

@MotorolaTom wrote:

@princesslala wrote:

@MotorolaTom wrote:

@princesslala wrote:

You're welcome.

I removed the SD card prior to using the SUA.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier is that the SUA red button said Repair, not Restore (I'm on Windows). Is a repair the same as a restore?

Yes, I apologize for the confusion. One last question when you tried SUA did you choose to keep data or erase all user data?

-Tom

I kept the user data. 

:/ I hate to do this, but is it possible that you can try again with erasing user data this time? If it boots, try setting up the phone. Let me know if there is an update available on the Play Store for the Verizon Security & Protection app. If so don't install it yet and let me know if you get stuck in the boot loop again. 

-Tom

I will do the repair and erase the user data. I will check back in afterwards before applying any updates. 

My phone booted up after the SUA with erasing data and I was able to get it set up. There is an update in the Play store for the Verizon Security & Protection App, which I have not applied. Do you want me to restart my phone to see if it gets stuck again?

Let's restart a few times without updating that app to see if it gets into the loop again.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Motorola Admin
Views: 979
Message 48 of 98

@britt1215 wrote:

By erasing data, what exactly will be lost? I believe my contacts & photos are backed up.

Erasing data is like performing a factory reset. So all apps downloaded, SMS, Pictures, etc will be deleted from the phone. As long as you're backing up data to the cloud or SD card you should be ok. I don't want to make any promises as to what might be backed up though.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Motorola Admin
Views: 877
Message 49 of 98

Re: DEAD Moto z2 after spontaneous restarts

@richprof wrote:

Tom,

Thanks for your suggestion. I am the OP on this thread. I downloaded the SUA App, and (with some effort) I was able to get the app to discover my device. I did the repair operation, downloading and re-installing the image. After the process was completed, the Moto Z2 Play continues to be stuck in the reboot loop. No difference.

But thanks again. What next?

There is another thread going with essentially the same issue that I've been communicating on as well. It looks like at least one user has had luck using SUA to recover/repair if they choose to erase user data.  I'm looking into if the Verizon Security app might be a factor in causing the crashing. If you do erase data it should get the phone up and running again. If it does then please try to not install the update for Verizon Security app and see if the issue occurs again. Let me know.

-Tom

britt1215
Paper Tape
Views: 966
Message 50 of 98

I went to Verizon last night and their only answer was to overnight me a new phone

Top Kudoed Authors