@MotorolaTom wrote:

@princesslala wrote:

@princesslala wrote:

@MotorolaTom wrote:

@princesslala wrote:

@MotorolaTom wrote:

@princesslala wrote:

You're welcome.

I removed the SD card prior to using the SUA.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier is that the SUA red button said Repair, not Restore (I'm on Windows). Is a repair the same as a restore?

Yes, I apologize for the confusion. One last question when you tried SUA did you choose to keep data or erase all user data?

-Tom

I kept the user data. 

:/ I hate to do this, but is it possible that you can try again with erasing user data this time? If it boots, try setting up the phone. Let me know if there is an update available on the Play Store for the Verizon Security & Protection app. If so don't install it yet and let me know if you get stuck in the boot loop again. 

-Tom

I will do the repair and erase the user data. I will check back in afterwards before applying any updates. 

My phone booted up after the SUA with erasing data and I was able to get it set up. There is an update in the Play store for the Verizon Security & Protection App, which I have not applied. Do you want me to restart my phone to see if it gets stuck again?

Let's restart a few times without updating that app to see if it gets into the loop again.

-Tom

I have restarted once successfully. Yay! I will try again tonight after I am home for the day. 

Thank you for the help @MotorolaTom!!

For now, I'd recommend disabling the app as @SteveSly did until further notice. Don't want to risk it auto-updating again and getting into the same boot loop.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 784
Message 72 of 98

Re: Moto Z² stuck on boot screen

@FredMeyer wrote:
Tom-- I never had any indication of any updates on my phone. I just happened to reboot it Sunday as I noticed that the battery life had been shorter the past two-three days.

It could have been an auto-update on the app from the Playstore.  Smiley Frustrated

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 740
Message 73 of 98

Re: DEAD Moto z2 after spontaneous restarts

Hi Everyone,

For those who have not updated their profile yet, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help us investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well.

Need help updating your profile? See here. Thank you.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Zayous
Paper Tape
Views: 716
Message 74 of 98

I've been having the same issues as everyone else seems to be having, only I have the Moto Z force I'm not sure if that helps, but maybe it can. I just trust they will be able to roll out an update so we don't have to erase all of our personal data.

Motorola Admin
Views: 696
Message 75 of 98

@Zayous wrote:

I've been having the same issues as everyone else seems to be having, only I have the Moto Z force I'm not sure if that helps, but maybe it can. I just trust they will be able to roll out an update so we don't have to erase all of our personal data.

The problem is there is no way to update OTA when the phone doesn't fully boot up. As of right now, the only solution is to Factory Reset from Recovery or use SUA to repair/recover phone and choose to erase user data. Then make sure you don't update the Verizon Security & Protection app.

-Tom

RickDroidTurbo2
Punch Card
Views: 654
Message 76 of 98

We have two Moto Z Force Droids.  This morning, having no idea of this issue, we removed Symantec's Antivirus software so that we only had one product running, after noticing battery issues.  Verizon's product was disabled on the one phone, we enabled it.  On reboot, it shows the Moto screen, then flashes, then the Moto screen, flashes...  Sent my wife to work with no phone, which means no 911 if she gets in an accident (Ford auto dials).  NOT a happy camper.  I can boot to the Fastboot screen.  Going to try the software, but I suspect nothing but a wipe is going to work.

We've had no recent updates, so all things point to the Verizon software.

Tried downloading the software Tom indicated, when complete it doesn't open.  File in downloads folder is Unconfirmed 477338.crdownload.   Since it never completes, it doesn't become an exe file, so can't run it.  Tried several times.  Even used Microsoft Edge instead of Chrome, and sits on "Running security scan".  Download does create an EXE file, but you can't click on it because it's still running a security scanand is technically still downloading.  Guess it's not ready for prime time.

Found similar/same software on the Lenovo site - Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant v 3.9.0.16.  Figured out from the working phone that we have 1650-02 phones.  Ran the software's Rescue, with phone in Fastboot mode, it rebooted the phone once (or the phone did by itself?), and sat with Check Condition and spinning dots to the left.  Phone sat plugged in and flashed the blue Moto/Andorid screen, then black, then Moto/Android screen.  I let it go 15 minutes and gave up, booted to Fastboot screen again, and let desktop software "Check Condition" again.  Ran and ran, nothing changed, so I guess I'll have to do a hard reset.

We used to have Droid Turbo 2s, with the refresh.  Went to refresh and Motorola said our only option was the Moto Z Force Droids, no choice.  Had them for just under a year.  

Edit - so I wiped everything and started over.  I am NOT a happy camper.  Hours of work.  Should have known to leave the Verizon app disabled.

david-axelrod
Fanfold Paper
Views: 641
Message 77 of 98

Hey Tom,

Has there been any update from your engineering team/ Verizon's team?

Motorola Admin
Views: 613
Message 78 of 98

Good morning everyone. I don't have any major updates on this issue. However, I'd like to know if someone would be willing to have their device swapped out if you are currently experiencing the issue. We'd like to get some phones back to us that are currently exhibiting this behavior. I'm hoping it will help us figure out what's causing it or why the app is causing it on some phones. 

-Tom

RickDroidTurbo2
Punch Card
Views: 603
Message 79 of 98

Just sent you a private message Tom.  Going to do a factory reset shortly if I don't hear back.

Daddyslap
Paper Tape
Views: 488
Message 80 of 98

Moto Z2 Play 8.0 Update - Phone is now dead and won't charge.

I responded to one topic, but I need my phone to work, so here's mine.

I've already tried clearing the cache and performing a factory reset. After attempting to restart in safe mode, the battery died.

I currently have the phone on a Motorola charger where it vibrates every 10-15 seconds or so, but will not boot up. When I take the phone off the charger and attempt to start it, it shows me it is at 2% battery life with a yellow triangle image.

My phone went from working fine to not working at all after the update. Please help...

Top Kudoed Authors