Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fixmymotoplease
Paper Tape
Views: 342
Message 31 of 40

Moto Z2 Play Keeps shutting down while watching videos or listening to music

So this issue started this week. Whenever I try to watch a Youtube or Instagram video or even listen to Spotify the screen just shuts down (sometimes the audio keeps playing for a bit). The thing is my warrancy is over by 3 months and I have seen many people complaining in here about this issue, but Lenovo does not seem to care!

PS: It only happens while not charging. 

Does anyone ever found a solution for this?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 334
Message 32 of 40

Re: Moto Z2 Play Keeps shutting down while watching videos or listening to music

Hi fixmymotoplease,

Thanks for posting. I just merged your post on this thread. Please follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this thread and let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

WomanInTransit
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 327
Message 33 of 40

Re: Moto Z2 Play Keeps shutting down while watching videos or listening to music

There is no solution. None of the fixes Rich keeps mentioning do anything. I'm still convinced that this is some kind of short tied to the speaker and battery. I've just had to learn to be very aware of how I'm using my phone. I never turn the audio on unless it's plugged into a charger. I don't even keep my ringer on anymore because it would often shut off if I got a call and my battery was under 50%. Welcome to the Z2 Play Haters Club Smiley Happy

303george
Paper Tape
Views: 259
Message 34 of 40

Re: Moto Z2 Play - Screen goes black while watching online videos???

I came across this thread last night because I was having similar issues forthe past few weeks I noticed the issue only occurs when my phone is not charging and it occurs more often when I have less battery remaining  Tonight the issue started when my battery was at about 20%.

I went in to settings, battery, battery saver, then changed the "turn on automatically" setting to "never" and haven't had any problems since. I'll be sure to update if the problem returns.

If anyone else who's having this issue has a chance to try this, please post your results. 

dcdeiv
What's DOS?
Views: 254
Message 35 of 40

It's been one month since I had the battery replaced and now everything works flawlessly!

So I guess it's a battery issue. Call the Motorola support and make them the battery replaced!

303george
Paper Tape
Views: 242
Message 36 of 40

Thanks I will if it starts having issues again but I need my phone for work and my old phone was about to fall apart when I upgraded so I'm trying to avoid sending my moto in. 

WomanInTransit
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 225
Message 37 of 40

My battery saver has been turned on the entire time I've had the issue. Did not make an ounce of difference for me. Luckily my boyfriend bought me a Samsung Galaxy Note for Christmas. Now I just use my Moto Z2 Play as an overpriced remote for my streaming TV services. Of course I'm still stuck paying the balance on it which is still about $200, $17/month.

303george
Paper Tape
Views: 214
Message 38 of 40

I think turning battery saver off was what resolved the problem for me. It hasn't crashed yet since I turned it off  

Highlighted
Minijupe
What's DOS?
Views: 74
Message 39 of 40

Had anyone found a fix?? I've done everything in this thread and its happening multiple times a day as soon as my battery is around 50%. It goes black in anything I'm doing on the phone. I've always been a Moto fan and customer but this has me reconsidering now...
303george
Paper Tape
Views: 68
Message 40 of 40

Just to make sure, you tried turning battery saver to "Off/Never turn on automatically"? Some of the other replies on here have me thinking people are misunderstanding me.

You want to turn it OFF to fix the problem. Turning it ON causes the problem and the default setting is on.

Since turning it off on my phone, I haven't had this issue even once and have been able to keep using my phone well below the 40 or 50 percent battery life where it used to crash before. 

Top Kudoed Authors