cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zenstate
SCSI Port
Views: 929
Message 11 of 24

Re: Moto Z2 Play VS Moto Z Play? My in-depth comparison!

By the way...  if you created that widget you should really consider adding it to the Play store.  I would definitely pay for it. 

How can a widget this good not be on the Play store?  Maybe Moto would even buy it off you.

---------------------------------
My Moto's: Z2 Play - Z Play Droid - 8x Moto Mods
titaniumtux
Fanfold Paper
Views: 925
Message 12 of 24

It's a widget that ships with Verizon variants of the Moto phones. Nothing wrong with "porting" it, but Verizon/Motorola has no incentive to add it to play store.

zenstate
SCSI Port
Views: 897
Message 13 of 24

Odd that it didn't come with my Verizon E4 then.
Guru
Views: 890
Message 14 of 24

I think it a Moto Z exclusive.  When you attach a Moto Mod, the widget will tell you what Mod was attached, and how much battery is left on the mod.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

titaniumtux
Fanfold Paper
Views: 886
Message 15 of 24

Also indicates Turbo charging. I tested the Verizon widget on the Moto X Play and it indicated turbo charging there as well. Stock 2017 Moto widget also displays turbo charging as well as Moto mod attachment on Z series devices. I prefer the stock widget on 2017 Moto's to the Verizon widget. The expanded circles make the widget too big on the screen.

zenstate
SCSI Port
Views: 874
Message 16 of 24

I have a Z2 Play along with the battery and speaker mods, and love how the widget shows both battery levels. 

Back to the topic at hand...  I never had or used a Z Play, but really really love my Z2 Play.  The screen has the richest/deepest colours I have ever seen on a phone.  It literally shames the screens on my E4 and G3.  The blacks are actually black, rather than dark grey.

I am truly in love with my Z2 Play.  I would take it over any other phone out there.

titaniumtux
Fanfold Paper
Views: 868
Message 17 of 24

+1

For most users, it's likely not worth upgrading from a Z Play to a Z² Play, but for anyone with an older phone, the Z² Play is certainly a good deal. To be fair, the E4 and G3 are budget phones and I wouldn't expect the same experience out of them.

martinjj
What's DOS?
Views: 824
Message 18 of 24

Thanks for the comparison. I am currently trying to decide between the 2 devices. The battery life loss in the Z2 is disappointing, but I can probably live with that given the mods available. The difference in the f-stops in the cameras is what I am on the fence about. I have definitely been in situations with my older smartphone where the extra light would have made a difference, but without testing both cameras myself, I have a hard time imagining whether the decrease in depth-of-field with the z2 would be significant enough to make it a welcomed change.

Does anyone have any specific experience in that regard?

Thanks.

Guru
Views: 819
Message 19 of 24

The images that the Z2 Play pushes out in the dark is certainly better than the Z Play, albeit just slightly.  

The biggest improvement with the Z2 Play is when you're taking pictures of text (newspapers, flyers, essays, etc) in the dark.  Overall, pictures on the Z2 still come out with more light and more detail.  I have a few example under the 'Camera' section of this post.  The first picture is always the Z2 Play, and the second is always the Z Play.  You could also hold your mouse over a specific image and it will show you which device it is. 

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

martinjj
What's DOS?
Views: 816
Message 20 of 24

It does. Thanks. It also occurred to me right after posting that I can take comparative photos from both in the Verizon store, assuming they have both devices and that I can position their floor samples to take the right kinds of photos.

Thanks again.

Top Kudoed Authors