cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smb5769
SCSI Port
Views: 656
Message 21 of 24

Re: Moto Z2 Play VS Moto Z Play? My in-depth comparison!

Screenshot_20180225-133551.png

So, 3 GB RAM and 32 GB ROM? Shouldn't that be 3 GB RAM system memory and 32 GB Internal memory (also RAM)?

Guru
Views: 645
Message 22 of 24

RAM is different from ROM. Your 3GB RAM is basically where the phone draws background apps and data from. RAM stands for random access memory, and reading and writing to RAM is fast because it's constantly holding and opening background data. 

ROM, or the 32GB ROM, is where all your storage is held long term.  Think of photos, videos, etc being held in the internal storage (ROM). 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

smb5769
SCSI Port
Views: 634
Message 23 of 24

I thought that was called NVRAM.

Guru
Views: 575
Message 24 of 24

NVRAM is memory contained even when the device is powered off... like IMEI, Wifi and bluetooth MAC addresses, networking settings, and the like. 

RAM is usually referred to system memory, which is what holds data from apps when the phone is in use.  And ROM is known as system storage, like photos, videos, documents, etc. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Top Kudoed Authors