cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r4406
Punch Card
Views: 784
Message 41 of 53

Re: Moto Z2 Play cannot cast (without Chromecast :/)

allcast does the job for me

Lrousos
Paper Tape
Views: 678
Message 42 of 53

I agree completely with your complaint. I used to be able to mirror on my old phone! I don't want to buy Chromecast to do it now! They should change it with an update.

benjibasson
Paper Tape
Views: 562
Message 43 of 53

option to wirelesscast with Chromecast is disable

Hi, I would like to cast screen on miraclecast TV/Dongle with my motorola play. but I have no option to enable the wireless cast. like that

http://pix.toile-libre.org/?img=1545574893.png

thus I cannot find any device to cast: How to enable this option? where is this 3 points to check "enable wireless screen cast"? like this

http://pix.toile-libre.org/?img=1545575017.png

If a Motorola corps read this post: please fix this bug on next mito z2 play firmware update. I really cannot use the moto z2 play to cast to any real Chromecast.

thanks.

benjibasson
Paper Tape
Views: 546
Message 44 of 53

Hi, unfortunately it doesn't work at all with Chromecast because the option to wireless cast isn't there.

It is not normal that an 400 euros smartphone doesn't have this option whereas an 100 euri smartphone like honors enable this option in very easy way.

Please motorola: fix this bug.

Miracle casting on z2 work perfectly with all device through lineageos. Motorola should do better than lineageos.

Motorola doesn't put the stock Android on there phone because there is not treble project, a feature enable by Google on stock Android to enable every body to update from Android 8 to Android 9 since August 2018.

Wrong apologies from motorola to remove miraclecast. Feature enable on Samsung under Android 6,7, 8 and 9.

Enable on Huawei on Android 6, 7, 8, 9.

Enable on lineageos 14, 15, 16, 17

Steve12345
Paper Tape
Views: 366
Message 45 of 53

OK, I've had it with Levnov-orola. 

Tired of not screen casting.  Tired of no fix for this, ever.  Tired of my Moto device being a 2nd or 3rd tier device, with mediocre cameras, etc.  To make maters worse, after 18 months mine has become super buggy and unreliable.  (Which is a bummer also because I've been babying the battery and only charge it up to 80% or so and never let it fall below 25% -- but I'll never reap the benefits becuase the phone is dying.)

Moving to Samsung -- Just ordered TWO galaxy s10 Plus devices (VZW had BOGO).   Hopefully these will screen cast as previous S devices have, and hey, they're top tier - super cameras and amazing screen!  I'm pumped. 

I'll miss the chop chop flashlight, and twist for camera.  But my pics will look amazing on my top tier screen and hopefully on the TV as well!!

Good bye Motorola (Lenovo) -- Just remember you gave up on me LONG before I gave up on you.

Icarian
Blue Screen Again
Views: 267
Message 46 of 53

It has been over two years now. I just bought a Moto Z 2 Force to replace my Moto X, not knowing about this problem. Will there be a software fix to allow casting to non-Chromecast devices or not? If so, when will the fix be available?

Highlighted
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 261
Message 47 of 53

@Icarian wrote:

It has been over two years now. I just bought a Moto Z 2 Force to replace my Moto X, not knowing about this problem. Will there be a software fix to allow casting to non-Chromecast devices or not? If so, when will the fix be available?

No, I doubt this will ever be enabled.  Because Google doesn't see it as an "issue" so there is nothing to "fix".  Google's stock Android doesn't have built-in Cast functionality and our phones run stock Android.

~Scott
Steve12345
Paper Tape
Views: 239
Message 48 of 53

As the origional poster, my advice is do not hold your breath!  Lenovo does not care if you can screencast.  Nor do they care if you can plug ethernet directly into your phone - wouldn't work with the moto Z's (but worked instantly with my new galaxy s10).

However, my new Samsung s10's easily screen cast - right from the pull down menu!   So simple now to screen cast.  Easy peasy, takes only a second to be able to share your pics and vids with a whole room - no chrome cast involved.  Thank you Samsung!  (Bixby button can be easily remapped for flashlight and camera quick access - its not chop chop, but its quick quick.) 

Bye bye Lenovorola.  Its too bad you have devalued your most valuable accuisition.  My moto Z's are now nothing more than tiny wifi tablets for streaming music or occasionally the projector mod slave for portable entertainment, but they are not phones.  So sad. 

But hey, my new galaxy s10+ is awesome, same size, but all screen, bigger battery and amazing camera.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 234
Message 49 of 53

I'm not sure that I agree that Moto has devalued their user base.  Years ago Moto phones ran a heavily skinned version of Android.  Folks on this Forum asked (and complained loudly) for years that they should run a more stock Android; like Nexus phones or Pixel phones today.  So Moto listened to their user base and switched from the old Moto Blur (which I think did have Cast built-in) to a near stock Android experience.  Google does not provide built-in screen casting in stock Android, that's just the way Google developed it. It's great that Samsung phones have it built-in, good for them.  Samsung runs a heavily skinned Android version.  Many Samsung users like it, and probably don't want stock Android.   I personally don't like Samsung's UI, but that's just my opinion, so I don't buy their phones.  But many people love their UI and don't even know what stock Android looks like. The point is, Moto users asked for stock Android and Moto listened and gave it to us.  I don't want to go back to the Moto Blur days, or any other heavily skinned Android version on my Moto phones; I like them just the way they are now.  And I think many other Moto owners do also.  

~Scott
Steve12345
Paper Tape
Views: 227
Message 50 of 53

Good points. But adding screen casting is not a big deal and wouldn't add a heavy skin. I will say the s10 version of the samsung UI (samsung one?) isn't near as heavy a skin as previous versions. Coming recently from years of moto's, the s10 feels fairly similar to the moto stock android feeling, but adds screen casting.
Top Kudoed Authors