Did you mean: 
Highlighted
FabianoPereira
What's DOS?
Views: 12,651
Message 1 of 31

Moto Z2 Play mic not working.

I'm having the same problem with Moto Z2 Play :X

Edited: The post was in a thread on the Moto Z community. Moved to the correct community and edited title to match the correct phone model and issue.  -JM

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 12,515
Message 2 of 31

Re: Moto Z2 Play mic not working.

Hello FabianoPereira,

Please go to the Device Help app on your phone and do a hardware test on microphone. Let me know what the result is.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Lenovo Employee rbkirk
Lenovo Employee
Views: 12,489
Message 3 of 31

Also, if you have a case on the phone, make sure it does not block either of the two mic pickups on the phone. In fact, I'd do a test without any case on the phone at all, and see if their is a difference in behavior.

Tallybee
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,478
Message 4 of 31

Hi, I also have this problem where in calls I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. The mic hardware test comes back fine.

Tallybee
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,459
Message 5 of 31

I have tried a different SIM card, safe mode and done a factory reset. Everything is up to date. Still no improvement. This just randomly started yesterday. I know the mic is functional, as apps that require voice input (Shazam, OK Google etc) are completely fine. I've been told by web chat with Motorola support that I must send my phone for repair... Surely it can't be a hardware issue? I'm confused as to why I need to send it away. I need my phone for work. Please help!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 12,405
Message 6 of 31

@Tallybee wrote:

I have tried a different SIM card, safe mode and done a factory reset. Everything is up to date. Still no improvement. This just randomly started yesterday. I know the mic is functional, as apps that require voice input (Shazam, OK Google etc) are completely fine. I've been told by web chat with Motorola support that I must send my phone for repair... Surely it can't be a hardware issue? I'm confused as to why I need to send it away. I need my phone for work. Please help!

This sounds odd. Is it happening regardless of where you are? When does it usually happen? Is it on normal voice calls, VoLTE calls or wifi calls? Does it also happen when you use third-party apps like Whatsapp or Snapchat, if you use any? If you use a headset, wired or bluetooth, is the audio coming through okay?

Regards,

JM

garcialr
What's DOS?
Views: 12,084
Message 7 of 31

I am having this exact problem. I can hear other person but they can't hear me unless I put it on speaker. Then it is muffled or cracking. This happened over night. Working fine one day, nest this issue. I need this phone for work. HELP!
Dina911
What's DOS?
Views: 11,138
Message 8 of 31

Hi.. I'm having exactly the same problem..  hardware test for mic is fine.. has anyone been able to successfully fix this issue?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 11,116
Message 9 of 31

Hi Dina911,

Thanks for posting on this thread. I'd like to confirm, are you also having an issue with the mic during a phone call? Have you tried testing if it will also happen in safemode?

To Enable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.

2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears

4. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner

5. If the issue does not remain in safe mode, this indicates a third party application installed from the Play Store is causing the problem.

6. Restart the device to get out of safe mode and uninstall any recently installed applications.

*** Begin by looking for specific application types such as launchers, task killers or anti-virus apps.

Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Dina911
What's DOS?
Views: 11,043
Message 10 of 31

Hi Rich! Sorry this didn't work.. a replacement is being sent
Top Kudoed Authors