Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,149
Message 11 of 31

Re: Moto Z2 Play mic not working.

Hi Dina911,

Thanks for trying. Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

DustinRD
Paper Tape
Views: 1,718
Message 12 of 31

I'm having the same issue but my mic will only ever pick up sound when I literally yell in the mic. It is not something broke in the phone I replaced my phone because it was doing that and my current one which is the replacement is doing the same thing. I have done multiple device help tests on my phone doesn't pick anything up at all when I make a call no one can hear me and when I use my mic in general the phone can't hear me 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,707
Message 13 of 31

Hi DustinRD,

Thanks for posting. I'm curious, when did you first notice this issue? Are you experiencing this with both incoming and outgoing calls? If so, are those VOLTE calls or just a regular phone calls? Have you tried testing this on safe mode?

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

DustinRD
Paper Tape
Views: 1,705
Message 14 of 31

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi DustinRD,

Thanks for posting. I'm curious, when did you first notice this issue? Are you experiencing this with both incoming and outgoing calls? If so, are those VOLTE calls or just a regular phone calls? Have you tried testing this on safe mode?

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

I have tried safe mode and my mic would still not work .

My mic does not work at all unless I yell into it and the person on the other end can still barely hear me .

The problem started back in July on my first phone on the replacement about a day after I got it. I got the replacement about a month ago. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,675
Message 15 of 31

Hi DustinRD,

Thanks for trying in safemode. I need to make sure on this one, please help me answering the following questions. Are you having the same issue with incoming callis? Are you only experiencing an issue with VOLTE call or with a regular phone call? Are you only experiencing this from a specific contact, or regardless which one from your contacts? Have you tried making a call through a third-party apps like Facebook messenger, just to see and replicate the same concern? Also, if this is a replacement phone, have you tried using a different sim? Please describe your location and environment.

Lastly, kindly update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here.

Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

VHTeles
Paper Tape
Views: 1,166
Message 16 of 31

I have the same problem! simply out of nowhere mic stopped working. No one listens to me, nor does it sound on WhatsApp. Videos made by Instagram also do not work. Audio from the mic is only captured in the following situations: Video recording by WhatsApp and the camera. outside this does not work. I already tried the security mode, hard reset, I've tried everything. The strange thing is that in the two situations above the audio is captured (video by WhatsApp and by the camera), in the rest, including connections does not work. need help!

I'm from Brazil and the Motorola Brazil forum is abandoned! nobody answers us. nobody gives us a solution other than sending the device for service.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,154
Message 17 of 31

Hi VHTeles,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to confirm, does the mic works with regular phone calls? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

OUfan75
What's DOS?
Views: 887
Message 18 of 31

Microphone on calls not working

Apparently when I try to call someone, they cannot hear me, but I can hear them clear as day.

I have called three different people and same results. 

I rebooted phone (3x) and it didnt change a thing. 

I even did a factory reset and still nothing. 

This is weird because my phone worked perfectly before going to bed. 

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue?

I am on a Moto Z2 Play

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 875
Message 19 of 31

Re: Microphone on calls not working

Hi OUfan75,

Thanks for posting. Please try the Microphone in the Moto Help app > Hardware Test > Microphone. Let me know. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

pkulenka
Paper Tape
Views: 773
Message 20 of 31

Re: Microphone on calls not working

I'm having the same problem as well.  Yesterday around 4pm EST my microphone stopped working properly.  This is a Moto Z2 force.  The microphone picks up a little sound but certainly not enough to easily decipher a conversation.

I have tried:

-restarting

-safemode

-hardware test

-a whatsapp call

-google assistant (sometimes able to key off my voice... most of the time not now)

-normal phone calls

-cleaning around the microphone (no case is covering it)

-trading sims with my wife

I'd prefer not to do a factory reset unless absolutely nessecary, as I read in this forum that it didn't work for at least 1 other person.

Not really sure where to go from here?

Top Kudoed Authors