Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gutte42
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,532
Message 1 of 59

Moto Z2 Play proximity sensor

I have a severe problem with my Moto Z2 Play. When I place a call the screen immediately goes black. Hence I can't end a call, turn on speaker etc by using the normal buttons on the screen.

Has anyone experienced this? Have had the phone in for service twice, last time they even changed the screen, but the issue persists.

If I run the the Moto test, I get faulty proximity sensor as result.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 15,309
Message 2 of 59

Re: Moto Z2 Play proximity sensor

@Gutte42wrote:

I have a severe problem with my Moto Z2 Play. When I place a call the screen immediately goes black. Hence I can't end a call, turn on speaker etc by using the normal buttons on the screen.

Has anyone experienced this? Have had the phone in for service twice, last time they even changed the screen, but the issue persists.

If I run the the Moto test, I get faulty proximity sensor as result.

Its a faulty proximity sensor. Make sure you do not have any screen protector on. If you don't then it will need to be repaired.

Gutte42
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,285
Message 3 of 59

Never use screen protectors!

Gutte42
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,259
Message 4 of 59

And now the phone has been in repair service twice and the issue persists!

PhG-2018
Punch Card
Views: 15,268
Message 5 of 59

Z2 Play proximity sensor problem

Hi,

yesterday I got an update of Moto info, after the installation Moto info doesn´t react to the proximity sensor anymore.

Sensor is tested and working, uninstall and reinstall of Moto info as well as turning on/off Moto actions and reboot device had no effect.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 15,241
Message 6 of 59

Re: Z2 Play proximity sensor problem

@PhG-2018wrote:

Hi,

yesterday I got an update of Moto info, after the installation Moto info doesn´t react to the proximity sensor anymore.

Sensor is tested and working, uninstall and reinstall of Moto info as well as turning on/off Moto actions and reboot device had no effect.

Sorry to hear about that, as you said you have already tested the sensors, just to confirm have you tested on device help app? Are you saying you have received an update? Are you talking about any specific app? could you share us a screenshot of the update you have received? Could you perform a clear cache partition and let us know if that makes any difference?

Meanwhile, please update your profile with current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Update your profile -link

Thanks,

-Swaraj

PhG-2018
Punch Card
Views: 15,203
Message 7 of 59

Hello Swaraj,

I have stored my phone data into my account now.

I used the test from the help app and another sensor testing app.

Both were successul.

The proximity sensor problem seems to depend on the light situation.
At work (direct light from above and sunlight from the window) the sensor does work but it doesn´t trigger the infos, at home and in my car everything is fine.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 15,186
Message 8 of 59

@PhG-2018wrote:

Hello Swaraj,

I have stored my phone data into my account now.

I used the test from the help app and another sensor testing app.

Both were successul.

The proximity sensor problem seems to depend on the light situation.
At work (direct light from above and sunlight from the window) the sensor does work but it doesn´t trigger the infos, at home and in my car everything is fine.

This is very strange, not that I have heard of, could you still confirm what updates you were talking about in regards to moto info? 

Thanks,

-Swaraj

PhG-2018
Punch Card
Views: 15,181
Message 9 of 59

@Agent_Swarajwrote:

@PhG-2018

This is very strange, not that I have heard of, could you still confirm what updates you were talking about in regards to moto info? 

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Hi, it is the update for Moto Infos 06.038.3

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 15,166
Message 10 of 59

@PhG-2018

Hi, it is the update for Moto Infos 06.038.3

We believe we are talking about Moto Display ( Moto Infos), are we on the same page? So you are saying if we have Moto Display/moto Infos turned on-- the proximity sensors are not working in sunlight? Does this happens always? Could you please share us a video showing the issues?

We want to look further into this, kindly send a bug report regarding this when it does not work in direct sunlight along with the Video. Bug report will collect information about your current device state

Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Top Kudoed Authors