Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PTR_ICE
What's DOS?
Views: 986
Message 41 of 59

Re: Moto Z2 Play proximity sensor

A moto Z2 Force is what I have. And, it works on my droid.

Make sure the app you are looking for is: "Moto Help (previously Device Help)"

Here is the URL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.genie&hl=en_US

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 974
Message 42 of 59

Hi Mrbuffles,

Sorry for the confusion. Moto Help and Device Help apps are the same. If you have tested them proximity sensors with that app, kindly test another way of testing this. During a phone call, press athe power button 2 times.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Mrbuffles
Paper Tape
Views: 971
Message 43 of 59

Oh, ok that's the app I have. Unfortunately it doesn't have a fix icon. I've searched through all the Tabs or icons, there's nothing And, I can't find anything about testing the proximity sensor. Something's wrong.. I'm missing something..

addam12
Punch Card
Views: 894
Message 44 of 59

wrote:

Oh, ok that's the app I have. Unfortunately it doesn't have a fix icon. I've searched through all the Tabs or icons, there's nothing And, I can't find anything about testing the proximity sensor. Something's wrong.. I'm missing something..

I think he wants to be sure you tried to press the power button twice during a call. That also tests the sensor.

addam12
Punch Card
Views: 890
Message 45 of 59

Rich, my wife has a z force and recently she has started playing games with it. In particular, 8 ball pool. When her finger goes to the screen to play, the screen turns black because of the sensor. This causes the game to reconnect from the main menu then put her back against her opponent. Problem is each shot is timed and this usually costs her a turn. Very frustrating. Is there any way to disable the proximity sensor then renenable after she's done playing?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 865
Message 46 of 59

@addam12,

Is it possible to show us a video? Please make sure not to reach the proximity sensor by the hand as it might trigger this. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Mrbuffles
Paper Tape
Views: 860
Message 47 of 59

Pressing the power button twice during a Non-Affected phone call does nothing. The screen stays on during the button pushes. When I put my hand over the phone, the screen goes blank like it should. Now, to wait until I get an Affected call. This happens randomly so, who knows how long it will take. 

Thanks for the heads up. 

Mrbuffles
Paper Tape
Views: 859
Message 48 of 59

So, I tested the proximity sensor by pressing the power button twice during a phone call and nothing happened. The screen stayed on until I put my hand over the phone and then the screen went out like it should. I'll do the test again once I get a phone call with the initial symptoms of my request and let you know what happened. 

Thanks 

addam12
Punch Card
Views: 748
Message 49 of 59

Rich, I have a video showing the problem but everytime I try and upload it hangs and then doesnt upload. Any suggestions?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 738
Message 50 of 59

Hi addam12,

Thanks for posting back. How many MB does the video have? Try uploading it in Youtube and just provide the link here. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors