Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SonidoZero
Fanfold Paper
Views: 856
Message 1 of 17

Moto Z2 play on boost mobile.

I've had my Moto Z2 play for a few months now and it was connected with Cricket. About a week ago I switched to Boost Mobile and tried both types of recommended SIM cards on the phone but I keep getting "Invalid SIM Card" error. I've contacted Boost and they sent me a SIM card aswell but I get the same problem. Does anyone know what I can do to get it to work. Thank you in advanced.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 796
Message 2 of 17

Re: Moto Z2 play on boost mobile.

Hi SonidoZero,

This is odd. Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this concern. We are ready to assist here. Without the Boost Mobile SIM on, kindly backup all your data and perform factory data reset. I would also advise you to remove your Google account from the phone before proceeding with it. Make sure that you disable the Automatic Restore option. The steps are here: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/118998/p/30,6720,10215

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

SonidoZero
Fanfold Paper
Views: 787
Message 3 of 17

@Agent_JM wrote:

Hi SonidoZero,

This is odd. Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this concern. We are ready to assist here. Without the Boost Mobile SIM on, kindly backup all your data and perform factory data reset. I would also advise you to remove your Google account from the phone before proceeding with it. Make sure that you disable the Automatic Restore option. The steps are here: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/118998/p/30,6720,10215

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

It's doing the same thing. This is what I get, it shows that its from Sprint but I still get invalid SIM error.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 756
Message 4 of 17

I'm just curious if it is just a false error. Do you still get service even if the error is there? What was the part number on the SIM kit that was provided to you by Boost Mobile?

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

SonidoZero
Fanfold Paper
Views: 747
Message 5 of 17

@Agent_JM wrote:

I'm just curious if it is just a false error. Do you still get service even if the error is there? What was the part number on the SIM kit that was provided to you by Boost Mobile?

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

I get no service at all, The SIM is SIMOLW416Q and SIMOLW506C since either was recommended but both had the same problem. I even had Boost Mobile ship out a new one for me just in case the ones from the store were deffective. Same problem.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 729
Message 6 of 17

@SonidoZero wrote:

@Agent_JM wrote:

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

I get no service at all, The SIM is SIMOLW416Q and SIMOLW506C since either was recommended but both had the same problem. I even had Boost Mobile ship out a new one for me just in case the ones from the store were deffective. Same problem.

Here is the correct SKU and part number of the SIM card:

SKU: CZ2114LWQ

Part Number: SIMGLW416Q

Please get one of this and let us know what happens.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

SonidoZero
Fanfold Paper
Views: 700
Message 7 of 17

I just received my SIM card and switched but it's giving me the same "Invalid SIM card" error.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 674
Message 8 of 17

We'd like to look into this further. Would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

SonidoZero
Fanfold Paper
Views: 668
Message 9 of 17

Updated.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 624
Message 10 of 17

I sought the assistance of one of my colleagues for this concern. Someone will be in touch to you via a private message as quickly as possible for further assistance.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors