cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
SonidoZero
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎09-06-2018
Location: US
Views: 856
Message 1 of 17

Moto Z2 play on boost mobile.

I've had my Moto Z2 play for a few months now and it was connected with Cricket. About a week ago I switched to Boost Mobile and tried both types of recommended SIM cards on the phone but I keep getting "Invalid SIM Card" error. I've contacted Boost and they sent me a SIM card aswell but I get the same problem. Does anyone know what I can do to get it to work. Thank you in advanced.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 5,397
Registered: ‎07-12-2014
Location: US
Views: 796
Message 2 of 17

Re: Moto Z2 play on boost mobile.

Hi SonidoZero,

 

This is odd. Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this concern. We are ready to assist here. Without the Boost Mobile SIM on, kindly backup all your data and perform factory data reset. I would also advise you to remove your Google account from the phone before proceeding with it. Make sure that you disable the Automatic Restore option. The steps are here: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/118998/p/30,6720,10215

 

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

SonidoZero
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎09-06-2018
Location: US
Views: 787
Message 3 of 17

Re: Moto Z2 play on boost mobile.


@Agent_JM wrote:

Hi SonidoZero,

 

This is odd. Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this concern. We are ready to assist here. Without the Boost Mobile SIM on, kindly backup all your data and perform factory data reset. I would also advise you to remove your Google account from the phone before proceeding with it. Make sure that you disable the Automatic Restore option. The steps are here: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/118998/p/30,6720,10215

 

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.



It's doing the same thing. This is what I get, it shows that its from Sprint but I still get invalid SIM error.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 5,397
Registered: ‎07-12-2014
Location: US
Views: 756
Message 4 of 17

Re: Moto Z2 play on boost mobile.

I'm just curious if it is just a false error. Do you still get service even if the error is there? What was the part number on the SIM kit that was provided to you by Boost Mobile?

 

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

SonidoZero
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎09-06-2018
Location: US
Views: 747
Message 5 of 17

Re: Moto Z2 play on boost mobile.


@Agent_JM wrote:

I'm just curious if it is just a false error. Do you still get service even if the error is there? What was the part number on the SIM kit that was provided to you by Boost Mobile?

 

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.


I get no service at all, The SIM is SIMOLW416Q and SIMOLW506C since either was recommended but both had the same problem. I even had Boost Mobile ship out a new one for me just in case the ones from the store were deffective. Same problem.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 5,397
Registered: ‎07-12-2014
Location: US
Views: 729
Message 6 of 17

Re: Moto Z2 play on boost mobile.


@SonidoZero wrote:

@Agent_JM wrote:

I'm just curious if it is just a false error. Do you still get service even if the error is there? What was the part number on the SIM kit that was provided to you by Boost Mobile?

 

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.


I get no service at all, The SIM is SIMOLW416Q and SIMOLW506C since either was recommended but both had the same problem. I even had Boost Mobile ship out a new one for me just in case the ones from the store were deffective. Same problem.


Here is the correct SKU and part number of the SIM card:

 

SKU: CZ2114LWQ

Part Number: SIMGLW416Q

 

Please get one of this and let us know what happens.

 

 

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

SonidoZero
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎09-06-2018
Location: US
Views: 700
Message 7 of 17

Re: Moto Z2 play on boost mobile.

I just received my SIM card and switched but it's giving me the same "Invalid SIM card" error.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 5,397
Registered: ‎07-12-2014
Location: US
Views: 674
Message 8 of 17

Re: Moto Z2 play on boost mobile.

We'd like to look into this further. Would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

SonidoZero
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎09-06-2018
Location: US
Views: 668
Message 9 of 17

Re: Moto Z2 play on boost mobile.

Updated.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 5,397
Registered: ‎07-12-2014
Location: US
Views: 624
Message 10 of 17

Re: Moto Z2 play on boost mobile.

I sought the assistance of one of my colleagues for this concern. Someone will be in touch to you via a private message as quickly as possible for further assistance.

 

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Top Kudoed Authors