Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
z2pos
Serial Port
Views: 311
Message 31 of 35

Re: Moto z Play Black Screen of Death

HAHA  no of corse not, i was just able to factory reset and theerefore remove my personal stuff.

As someone else has said it will need a new mobo. well just a graphics chip but i diubt anyone would be able to change just that.

still no offer from motorola to recompense me i notice!

B0gdan
Paper Tape
Views: 306
Message 32 of 35

Were you not able to wipe it via google account (Android device manager)?

I'm not able to connect via Vysor as probably the USB debugging is not enabled.

As for Lenovo.. pff .. don't wait for them to recognize that they have a design flaw here.. 

So, I'm staying away from Moto devices and also I'm advising my friends and customers to do the same. Luckily, Pixel 3A is out so I have an alternative for fleet phones.

Highlighted
z2pos
Serial Port
Views: 304
Message 33 of 35

I have never even heard of it but I did want to download my messages too so turning on debugging was the only way that i knew of.

Bill7676
Paper Tape
Views: 134
Message 34 of 35

I too have a black screen with no lights. Can't turn data off or anything else. there is nothingl but black on my 4 month old screen. the balttery is charged. I tried the power button, the power button and vol down button. I feel vibration after 20 seconds but not a light to be found. Is there something that can be generated from my laptop? Please respond to me via email also. this is the first time I've used a forum. Sadly I've seen many same problems on this forum.

Bill

*removed*

Edited: for privacy - Rich

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 90
Message 35 of 35

Hi Bill7676,

If you can't get into the recovery mode and the screen is still black even if you have tried booting it while charging it, more likely there's a failure with hardware. You can also try connecting your phone to a computer and see if it helps. Otherwise, it is recommended to send the phone for repair/replacement. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors