Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adarsh_JM
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,246
Message 21 of 36

Please enable "Screen Cast / Miracast" in Oreo update on Moto Z Play

I kind request to Moto team, please enable "Screen Cast / Miracast" in Oreo update on Moto Z Play. This is a basic feature on Android, i don't understand why Moto wants us to use "Chromecast". We have paid enough for the phone and seriously don't want to buy a gadget to make it to work. Smiley Embarassed

Adarsh_JM
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,185
Message 22 of 36

Re: Moto z play cast screen

All other cheap phones available in the market has "Screen Cast / Miracast" enabled on their devices, i know for a fact that they don't run on stock Andriod. Why don't Motorola enable this feature for the benefit of the customer...???
Soonbegone
Paper Tape
Views: 819
Message 23 of 36

Truly one of dumbest choices was blocking the cast screen option for anything but google chrome cast! Now we can't go hands free in vehicles while driving with Uber and Lyft and use the gps with it displayed on the vehicle sterio screen! I wonder how many are going to die because of that ! Motorola is going to tank from that one! Here's a idea send a update and unlock that! BTW isn't that called a monopoly Google? Lawyer up!

Highlighted
Soonbegone
Paper Tape
Views: 815
Message 24 of 36

Re: Please enable "Screen Cast / Miracast" in Oreo update on Moto Z Play

Maybe a lawyer might get their attention to the laws of forming a monopoly! Easy money!

OzzyC
What's DOS?
Views: 696
Message 25 of 36

It's a real shame I have been purchasing Motorola phones since they looked like bricks but no longer I spent 500 dollars on this phone and the only way to mirror screen is to purchase another device or root your phone I mean the phone that this phone replaced motorolla nexus6 did it just fine who ever  is making the decisions wants the company to tank.

krobi
Paper Tape
Views: 617
Message 26 of 36

Please warn other people by posting a review on Amazon.  I'm leaving Motorola as soon as possible !!! 

krobi
Paper Tape
Views: 617
Message 27 of 36

Please warn other people by posting a review on Amazon. I'm leaving Motorola as soon as possible !!!
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 607
Message 28 of 36

@krobi wrote:
Please warn other people by posting a review on Amazon. I'm leaving Motorola as soon as possible !!!

Please understand that Moto does its best to present as pure an Android experience as possible to its users, plus a few proprietary apps to enhance the use of the phone.

Stock android does not natively support Miracast nor any other screen-casting method other than Chromecast.  Many people choose Moto because they keep that stock android experience, and would be very disappointed if they started complicating and changing things.

You're not the only one who would prefer other casting options, but for now, that's the way a Moto device works.

Aim337
Fanfold Paper
Views: 606
Message 29 of 36

What would the warning be? That  Moto uses stock Android, like a Pixel?  Stock Android doesn't have Miracast.  

krobi
Paper Tape
Views: 594
Message 30 of 36

I must first sincerely Thank You for your response.  It's refreshing to know someone is listening and responding!

I was a die-hard Moto fan when Smartphones were in its infancy!  I left and went to Samsung for many years and recently came back to Motorola. 

I'm accustomed to screen mirroring and casting on Samsung phones.  At the very least Motorola should get an official app to provide this feature.    This is a basic feature.  There is no way I would have purchased this phone had I known it wasn't available.  

Top Kudoed Authors