Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jluckydogg
What's DOS?
Views: 34,169
Message 1 of 36

Moto z play cast screen

I have the Moto z play and having trouble getting the cast screen to pick up any wireless devices.. Any suggestions

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 32,653
Message 2 of 36

Re: Moto z play cast screen

@Jluckydogg wrote:

I have the Moto z play and having trouble getting the cast screen to pick up any wireless devices.. Any suggestions

You need Chromecast for this to work.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Jluckydogg
What's DOS?
Views: 32,645
Message 3 of 36

Why only Chromecast.. It used to pick up all wireless devices like Miracast and Roku players on my older Motorola devices.

Dr_Rishi
Punch Card
Views: 32,373
Message 4 of 36

My MOTO X PLAY had enable wireless display setting in the MORE SETTINGS of Cast and it still connects to my TV flawlessly.

Why the hell was this removed form MOTO Z PLAY ? Very Annoying.

Dr. Rishi Mantri
traumadog
Punch Card
Views: 31,981
Message 5 of 36

Just noticed this too, while trying to connect to my Smart TV...

I wonder if this is because some WiFi Direct license fee wasn't paid...
Richard1963
Blue Screen Again
Views: 31,523
Message 6 of 36

I was doubting between the newest Sony and the Lenovo. If I had known this before, I probably had choosen for the Sony. Had a Samsung before and could connect via wifi to almost all devices connected to LAN or wifi, like mentioned above. Especially TV's like Samsung but also Philips and LG to display the foto's from my phone on the TV.

Lots of people do not have Chromecast. Most smartTV's do have LAN or Wifi so it's really a bad thing that Lenovo has removed this functionallity and we have to use a 3rd party app for it now.

I hope Lenovo gets wise and will add this functionality again in the next firmware update.

This should be a default functionallity in all smartphones in any case.

tommy5725
Paper Tape
Views: 29,952
Message 7 of 36

My OnePlus 3 did this flawlessly, the old Moto G did this. NOT acceptable. I will return this phone. 

sony6
Blue Screen Again
Views: 23,028
Message 8 of 36

hectormotoz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 19,640
Message 9 of 36

I have the same cuestion and I'm waiting some correction in the compatibility with other screen cast (not only Chromecast) in my past motorola phone moto x2, i dont have the problem with screen cast and now i have the problem, i want to use my moto z play in my tv sony bravia, because i can't see nothing, i hope motorola make something with this trouble.
hectormotoz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 19,636
Message 10 of 36

Screen cast only use chrome cast, i dont like this information, in this case, you need to change the technology name's by only chromecast not screencast, and not more sells misleading advertising with your phones specially with yours moto z series.
Top Kudoed Authors