Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adarsh_JM
Fanfold Paper
Views: 167
Message 31 of 36

Re: Moto z play cast screen

There are several changes been made on the stock andriod before it gets installed on the Moto phones so that it suites the device hardware capabilities, why not enable "Cast Screen / Miracast". 

Dr_Rishi
Punch Card
Views: 166
Message 32 of 36

Re: Please enable "Screen Cast / Miracast" in Oreo update on Moto Z Play

Have always been a Motorola user since Razr and Moto and Android made an excellent combo till now, Used all Motos from G1st gen ,to G5 plus also Moto x play,Moto Z play and Z2 and Z force with battery mod and projector mod. Also have the Moto E3 power, E4 plus and E5 plus. But with Android and Moto dropping much needed features like cast. I felt now it’s time to bid Adeu to both. Got a iPhone Xs on launch , after a learning curve for few days have started loving it. Trying to convince wife and parents (all Moto lovers here) to shift to iphones now. Bye bye Moto and Android.

Dr. Rishi Mantri
krobi
Paper Tape
Views: 160
Message 33 of 36

Good point!

At this point, the only option is to leave Motorola.
krobi
Paper Tape
Views: 159
Message 34 of 36

Somehow Samsung and others have found a way to provide the feature.  I wish I had been "warned '! 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 144
Message 35 of 36

@krobi wrote:

Somehow Samsung and others have found a way to provide the feature.  I wish I had been "warned '! 

And Moto could do it as well!  But their major audience is comprised of people who want the pure android experience, and that experience, unfortunately for people like you with a specific preference, does not include Miracast, or other forms of streaming, other than Chromecast.

Maybe some day they'll change. 

Kickervilleclem
Fanfold Paper
Views: 51
Message 36 of 36

I've found that the only way to "cast" to my Samsung tv is using the samsung Smartview app, which basically allows me to cast all the apps thstsre alradalon my TV.  What good is that.  I can cast photos and videos that ate on my phone but not apps that Samsung Smartview doesn't support, such as PBS passport.  Mostly useless.  Yeah, I used to have Chromecast, but on the smart tv we should be able to cast anything from our Motorola device.

Top Kudoed Authors