Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rider722
Paper Tape
Views: 3,208
Message 11 of 37

Re: Android 9 update for moto z play

@Agent_Rich i regularly see you post and respect you for your solution, but this time i dont know why you are answering like this. Moto clearly mention on site that it will no update further, even security patches also stop. If motorola dont respect their customers, we need to buy other phone, and obviously we will not purchase moto again...

Hari94
Serial Port
Views: 3,170
Message 12 of 37

Moto z play not give the android9.0 updates
I want updates, so you not release updates , but i am in testing some other product.
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,159
Message 13 of 37

The Moto Z Play (and Z & Z Force) are now over 2 years old.  I don't think any phone company provides updates after 2 years, so this is nothing new.  They can't update these phones forever and have to draw the line somehwere so they can focus on the 2019 phones.  I think we had a good run of updates over this phone's 2 year span.  But it's time for updates to end, that's just the nature of the phone industry.  If you buy another phone, good luck getting any updates past the one year mark.

~Scott
Highlighted
dotcom101010
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,144
Message 14 of 37

If you consider 2 years of updates acceptable that is on you. I like many other people don't like to have to replace a phone that frequently. I expect my phones and tablets to be kept update  security wise for 5 years. That is not a unreasonable figure as Microsoft and apple does it with an OS. Cellphones are no longer dumb devices and with the current state of security. Phone without security patches being applied are a threat to others. This is plain and simple forced planned obsolescence for no reason other than to force people to buy a new phone. I am glad I never invested in accessories like the speakers, battery, or projector. I love my Moto z play but I will be looking for a company that stands behind their devices longer. Especially with the rising cost of new flagship phone makeing the cost of mid range phones to rise. I might just say screw it and go back to a dumb phone that can get at weeks battery life.

JohnBhatt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,048
Message 15 of 37

Re: Moto z play pie update

As per their update page, they say, it will remain in Android O 8.0 and Security Updates will no longer be delivered. I have unlocked and using Unofficial LineageOS 15.1 based on Android 8.1. At least that has latest security updates.

JohnBhatt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,059
Message 16 of 37

None of above. It will remain in 8.0 officially.
JohnBhatt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,047
Message 17 of 37

Hi Rich,
Please make ourselves clear, you are working on Android P for Moto Z Play or other newer phones. Please don't hurt our emotions.
RAJEEVRAMAN
Paper Tape
Views: 2,795
Message 18 of 37

Even redmi regularly update the old phone like reddi note 3 which is 4 year old phone..

RAJEEVRAMAN
Paper Tape
Views: 2,794
Message 19 of 37

They should update the phone to android 8.1 .

arme
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,649
Message 20 of 37

Re: Moto z play pie update

We can tell about 1 year support.

After first year it was the planned obsolescence

Top Kudoed Authors