Re: Moto z play pie update

Moto z play was launched in mid 2016

Highlighted
Ron771
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,384
Message 22 of 35

So...I have my z play just 1 year, 2 months...got 1 major update to 8 and that's it? I can buy another phone to be safe? What kind of a scam is this? Not year of introduction should be leading, but year the last were sold. No more Moto or Lenovo for me. Am very interested if there's a brand that's more honest...probably not...or...suggestions?

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,378
Message 23 of 35

@Ron771 wrote:

So...I have my z play just 1 year, 2 months...got 1 major update to 8 and that's it? I can buy another phone to be safe? What kind of a scam is this? Not year of introduction should be leading, but year the last were sold. No more Moto or Lenovo for me. Am very interested if there's a brand that's more honest...probably not...or...suggestions?

If Android OS updates are important to you, always being on the most recent version then a Google Pixel would be the best option.  It will always get the newest Android OS updates first.

~Scott
Debbnh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,373
Message 24 of 35

Agreed. I love my Moto but have since got a newer phone with better support

RAJEEVRAMAN
Paper Tape
Views: 1,361
Message 25 of 35

You are right.not even give the update 8.1 . 25 thousand phone. Redmi is far better than this. Have given the update to note 3.
Never buy a phone of Motorola.
Debbnh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,359
Message 26 of 35

Moto in my drawer for a spare now yeah. 

AntonioCezar
Paper Tape
Views: 1,280
Message 27 of 35

In my opinion, if Motorola does not update my Moto Z Play 2016 at least for Android Oreo 8.1, which has fewer bugs, I am ready to join with a lawsuit in the Small Claims Court against it here in my country, as it is not fair that the Moto G 4 Plus , which came out in 2015 to be upgraded to Android Oreo 8.1 and 1st generation Moto Z Play, which was released after, it remain 8.0 with its various bugs, which were fixed in Android Oreo 8.1. If it was to receive his last update, that at least received the final version of the series, in which some of the main bugs were solved. Even because I had a Moto G 4 Plus and I sold it, just to buy a Moto Z Play 2016, which, at that time, was more modern.

Debbnh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,274
Message 28 of 35

By all means do. I dont have that kind of time and worry, Moto isnt the only phone that only gets 2 major updates, the majority of smartphones go that route. Technolodgy changes fast. 

AntonioCezar
Paper Tape
Views: 1,257
Message 29 of 35

You may be right, but it's just a matter of principle. As I said in the previous message. If it was to upgrade the Moto Z Play 2016 only to Android Oreo, why did not upgrade directly to 8.1, which is the final version of the series, and which has some of its major bugs fixed?! ... For example, in Android Oreo 8.0 I can not use the gestures in the digital reader for the most varied automations with MacroDroid, but this bug was totally solved in Android Oreo 8.1 and Android PIE 9. From the moment I received the secure information that Motorola is already testing Android 8.1 with the OPJ28.128 code firmware for the Moto G 4 Plus, which was launched in 2015, well before the Moto Z Play 2016, I'm just waiting for the distribution of the final version to begin shipping to MotoG 4 Plus users, even if this new version is not distributed here in the country where I live, so that I can file a lawsuit against Motorola in my country's Small Claims Court because the Moto Z Play 2016 is an device which was launched well after the MotoG 4 Plus, so it's not fair that it remains in an older version of frimware and with old bugs that are not present in Android Oreo 8.1 and Android PIE 9, which in my good legal knowledge of consumer law, makes me believe that I have a good chance of winning a victory in this lawsuit. And it is not because of money, but because of the respect to the consumer that I am owed by the manufacturer. When people understand the legal instruments of consumer law that are available in the legal systems of almost every country in the world, companies should begin to treat with a minimum of respect those who believe in their products and ultimately contribute to increasing profits obtained by them.

Hari94
Serial Port
Views: 670
Message 30 of 35

I am buying Moto z play 2017 costumer date 2 or 3 manjur update for Motorola 

Top Kudoed Authors