Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dotcom101010
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,487
Message 31 of 42

Re: Moto z play pie update

Paper Tape 

But the technology hasn't really changed from the moto z play. Compare the specs of newer Moto phones. They are pretty much identical.

ideapad_s9_4067
Punch Card
Views: 1,367
Message 32 of 42

I got a z3 play yesterday from bestbuy for 350.  Came witn 8.1.  Still no pie update despite some sites saying updates are rolling out this month.

rider722
Paper Tape
Views: 1,280
Message 33 of 42

Re: Android 9 update for moto z play

Dear Agent_Rich, I don't know how you describe it as solution. Moto z play is very powerful phone, and this is most powerful lineup device from moto. Even after spending 25k, if you stop providing updates in just 2 years, how you can justify this. Even older model like g4 plus is getting new Android version and latest security patches then z play, why you guys cannot update this z play. Simply, moto is trying to prove that they don't care about their costomers.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,142
Message 34 of 42

Hi rider722,

Motorola is committed to regular and timely security upgrades as recommended by Google/Android. While phones cannot be upgraded indefinitely, we provide security upgrades within the industry standard on both our regular and our Android One devices.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Jovanno
What's DOS?
Views: 989
Message 35 of 42

Hey. 

You indicate that you are committed to providing timely security updates.

But on my Moto Z Play last update was 1 August 2018.

And release date Moto Z Play in my country (Ukraine) was 10 september 2016 and it turns out that support for updates of the android system was less than two years.

I liked the device and at the time of purchase it had a good price.

The point is not clear to delete the device from the list of updates, but it does not remove it from sales.

Screenshot_20190326-082243.png

Hari94
Serial Port
Views: 664
Message 36 of 42

Android Pie Updates 2020 comings 2019 not Upgrading to slow For Moto Z play Outher phones already Android pie Updated For Moto Z play next year update Android pie
arjunv94
Paper Tape
Views: 474
Message 37 of 42

Hi Rich,

Looks like we haven't received any update ?

Hari94
Serial Port
Views: 340
Message 38 of 42

Android moto z play 2020

Android Pie Updates 2020 comings 2019 not Upgrading to slow For Moto Z play Outher phones already Android pie Updated For Moto Z play next year update Android pie

RaviBalaskar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 101
Message 39 of 42

Definitely Moto Z Play should get Android Pie 9.0 , its really unfare and I am very upset upon it. Moto Z play is the most amazing phone among the other moto mobiles. It has all fulfilled configuration in it to handle Android Pie. Moto has to think upon it. From now onwards before purchasing moto phones we have to think about it because moto for their purchase of newer phones they are disappointing older customers who are always giving positive response to their service. Guys kindly think before purchasing moto phones if we are not getting updates after few years. It's really very disgusting and unexpected. I am never going to purchase Moto phone again. I am supporter and fan of Moto but it's very disappointing think if they are stopping from future updates. 😔😔😔😔😔😔

Highlighted
arjunv94
Paper Tape
Views: 93
Message 40 of 42

I knew this before... I had Moto G first ... They did the same thing. Now, they denied it for Z play... I moved onto OnePlus ... The best smart phone ever .. they listen to their customers.. any minor issue & they fix it in their next update... I suggest moto customers to move onto One Plus. 

Top Kudoed Authors