Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mangeshk
Paper Tape
Views: 232
Message 1 of 6

Multiple issue after service , possibly cheated

Post visit to a Service center for display issue, I observed problem with proximity sensor working intermittently and back camera with dead pixels. I'm afraid the peripherals were swapped. 

Edit - 

The Speaker also crackles 

Attached are pictures of the back camera with dead pixels

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 141
Message 2 of 6

Re: Multiple issue after service , possibly cheated

Hi mangeshk,

I appreciate your post. Does all of the photos taken have these spots? Try checking the Moto Help app > Hardware test > Camera. Also, can you please elaborate what symptoms are you seeing with the proximity sensor?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

mangeshk
Paper Tape
Views: 114
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for replying.

1) Proximity Sensor - I observed this whenever I made a call, the screen would go blank and not come up during the call. Upon doing some Google I found its related to Proximity Sensor. I did the hardware test from the help menu and there is no change to that icon I always see a check. It does works once in a while.

2) Camera - All the pics have these spots. I took a video with some zoom the dark zone stay constant but the background moves. There are around 6 spots. Earlier pictures do not have these spots, I tried to reduce the transparency of the new picture and superimposed them over the older ones. 

3) Speaker - it just crackles

I bought this device in Oct 18, theres no way the cam can get dead pixels this soon. Even if I put it through a radiation chamber.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 70
Message 4 of 6

Hi mangeshk,

Looks like a hardware failure. I would suggest performing factory data reset without restore and see if that solves this, otherwise, it is recommended sending it back to the repair center. Possible a hardware failure. Please note back up your files before resetting the phone so you won't lose any of them. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

mangeshk
Paper Tape
Views: 64
Message 5 of 6

Hi Rich, I appreciate your help. 

Please tell if these components are connected to the motherboard with a flex (ie detachable) and not soldered on the board

1) Proximity Sensor

2) Back Camera

3) Speaker

4) Accelerometer

I tried the reset, didn't helped.

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 21
Message 6 of 6

Hi mangeshk,

I appreciate you for trying the factory data reset. I recommend sending your phone for repair, our technicians will look into your phone to check the hardware failure and fix it.  Regarding your question, not a hundred percent sure but those hardware works independently, our technicians will surely know about it. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors