Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 403
Message 11 of 20

Re: My Moto Z2 Play (Under warranty) Overheating and battery drain issue

Hi Lisaz,

Thanks for posting on this thread. Sorry to know about that. I'm concerned, how bad was burn? Do you still remember exactly the date/s of overheating? Also, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

eugen_ba
Fanfold Paper
Views: 224
Message 12 of 20

Unfortunatly, I experience same issue with battery life cycle.

Till yesterday everything was fine. But after last full battery charge I noticed it goes down very fast. 

Can it be also checked? It's still under warranty as well, it was baught in Nov of 2018.

I updated information in my profile. 

I am not sure Motorola Privacy is enabled on my phone as I cannot find it in settings.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 222
Message 13 of 20

@eugen_ba wrote:

Unfortunatly, I experience same issue with battery life cycle.

Till yesterday everything was fine. But after last full battery charge I noticed it goes down very fast. 

Can it be also checked? It's still under warranty as well, it was baught in Nov of 2018.

I updated information in my profile. 

I am not sure Motorola Privacy is enabled on my phone as I cannot find it in settings.

If it's still covered under the original warranty why not request a warranty replacement now....before it's too late?

~Scott
eugen_ba
Fanfold Paper
Views: 209
Message 14 of 20

I bought it in the USA because I was there in that period.
Now I am in different country.
Can I request a warranty replacement being in Republic of Moldova?

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 192
Message 15 of 20

@eugen_ba wrote:

I bought it in the USA because I was there in that period.
Now I am in different country.
Can I request a warranty replacement being in Republic of Moldova?

If you bought it in the US then they will only ship the replacement) to a US address.  If you know someone that still lives in the US you could try their address, and then they would have to ship it to you.

~Scott
eugen_ba
Fanfold Paper
Views: 180
Message 16 of 20

Thank you for your answers 

Does 'replacement' mean a new phone?

I would be ok with that, a replacement to be sent to a US address (to a friend of mine), and I'll get it when I am back to the USA.

But I am wandering if I have to sent (or maybe not) my broken phone to them because that would be a bit difficult for me now and expensive.

Is it enough for them to check it remotly (+screenshots) that my baterry is demaged..?

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 164
Message 17 of 20

@eugen_ba wrote:

Thank you for your answers 

Does 'replacement' mean a new phone?

I would be ok with that, a replacement to be sent to a US address (to a friend of mine), and I'll get it when I am back to the USA.

But I am wandering if I have to sent (or maybe not) my broken phone to them because that would be a bit difficult for me now and expensive.

Is it enough for them to check it remotly (+screenshots) that my baterry is demaged..?

A replacement phone through warranty is almost always a refurbished phone.  They look like new and function like new.  I have had several refurbished phones from Moto and they looked like new.  Yes...you have to send them your defective phone as part of the process, no company will just send you a replacement phone without getting yours in return.  To the best of my knowledge Android does not have remote login functionality, there is no way for a customer service agent to remotely login to your phone for any diagnostics.  They can look at your "check-in" data that is sent back to Motorola, with your permission and if they ask to do that.  Agent Rich already asked if he could look at your check-in data and you did not answer his question.  You would also need to enable to Settings he mentioned in his previous post; it's right there in the phone Settings menu....just search for it using the Settings search box; and then answer his question with a definitive Yes or No.  Just keep in mind that it's already mid September, so if you keep messing with Settings and waiting for their help through the Forum the next thing you know it will be December and your warranty will be expired.  Keep that in mind.

~Scott
eugen_ba
Fanfold Paper
Views: 153
Message 18 of 20

Much clear now, thank you.

No, I didn't see any request from Agent Rich here to verify my check-in data. Sorry, but did I miss anything? 
As far as I can see, only you answered to me sojakaz. 

Anyway, my answer is yes, I agree Agent Rich to look at my check-in data.

eugen_ba
Fanfold Paper
Views: 145
Message 19 of 20

I've just found my Motorola privacy options.

It seems that I had them enabled. 

By the way, of course I used Settings search before, but no any results.

But I found it in Settings > System > Motorola Privacy. That's weird it didn't appear in search results.

Screenshot_20190918-172047.pngScreenshot_20190918-172639.png

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 119
Message 20 of 20

Hi eugen_ba,

Thanks for posting on this thread. I checked this and I noticed that since Sept 13 -18, you haven't had a good expected battery life except of what you had yesterday. I would first suggest leaving your phone in safe mode and see for any improvement. I'll check this again. I recommend leaving the phone in safe mode for a day so we can have a better observation. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Top Kudoed Authors