Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sasmita1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,475
Message 1 of 20

My Moto Z2 Play (Under warranty) Overheating and battery drain issue

Hello,

My Moto Z2 Play is overheating since last two months. Also I need to charge my phone about 2-3 times in a day.It was working fine earlier. I visited multiple service centers in last two months and was told they will not be able to fix the issue as my phone screen has a crack(a very minor one not visible to normal eye). I was asked to pay approx 10K INR for fixing the issue though my phone is under warranty. Please help.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,433
Message 2 of 20

Re: My Moto Z2 Play (Under warranty) Overheating and battery drain issue

@Sasmita1 wrote:

Hello,

My Moto Z2 Play is overheating since last two months. Also I need to charge my phone about 2-3 times in a day.It was working fine earlier. I visited multiple service centers in last two months and was told they will not be able to fix the issue as my phone screen has a crack(a very minor one not visible to normal eye). I was asked to pay approx 10K INR for fixing the issue though my phone is under warranty. Please help.

Hi Sasmita1,

Sorry to hear that, scratches and regular use damage on the phones are not covered by the warranty hence it will be on chargeable basis. You can check this information in the following link: http://bit.ly/2ifqDTc

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Sasmita1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,430
Message 3 of 20

Hello Sandip,

I am not worried about the scratches. What I fail to understand is why the service centre won't check my phone for the battery drain and overheating issue. How is it related? I need a fix to the overheating issue at the earliest as it gets so hot I can't touch my phone.

Request your urgent help

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,412
Message 4 of 20

Hi Sasmita1,

Thanks for reporting. Sorry to know about that. Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Sasmita1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,396
Message 5 of 20

Hello Rich,

Thanks for your prompt response. Yes I have updated my profile with the device details and uploaded the proof of purchase as well. I have checked the motorola privacy settings are on. Please help.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,385
Message 6 of 20

Hi Sasmita1,

Thanks for the reply. I just checked your Personal Information here in Forums, but I'm not seeing you updated your profile with your IMEI, Phone Model and Carrier. Could you please double check? Let me know. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Sasmita1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,374
Message 7 of 20

Hello Rich,

Apologies. I had updated the details in Motorola website instead. Now I have updated my profile with IMEI, carrier and model. Please check.

Sasmita1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,346
Message 8 of 20

Hi,

I was waiting for your response. Were you able to check?

Regards,

Sasmita

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,338
Message 9 of 20

Hi Sasmita1,

Thanks for updating your profile. Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I have checked this and it looks like the apps that were crashing are the native ones (Google Softwares). I would suggest doing a factory data reset (Settings > System > Reset). If you have important files kindly back them up so you won't lose them. Please make sure not to install the third-party apps automatically, try installing app one at a time. I will monitor your battery after a few days once we have performed all these steps. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Lisaz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,314
Message 10 of 20

My Moto Z2Play had the same issues and my phone's about 3months old.The first month it never over heated ,Was amazed at Turbo charger.wow! Then it started to overheat and drain the battery and I had to charge it like twice or three times a day. After I charged it 2 or 3 times a day it went into slow charging , and the overheating stopped and now it won't even charge if I plug it into the wall on any socket.And now when I plug it in it doesn't even say Turbo Charge or slow charging it won't even charge I can plug in the charger and it's it set 6% or 2% all day I'm lucky if I even get to 40% after two days. It got so hot that my face burned and I can barely hold it in my hand, anyways I'm looking for an answer why my phone's not charging now. Wish me luck. Right now I wouldn't even care if it was slow charging at least it was something. Besides that I love my phone.

Lisa A Heberlee
Top Kudoed Authors