Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdw5150
Not applicable
Views: 325
Message 1 of 7

Notifications endlessly play

Hello!

I am having issues with the notications on my Moto Z2.

I'd say 60% of the time, when I open anything with a notification (for example e-mail, messenger, etc), my notification sound will endlessly play.  To the point where I have to re-start the phone (all the while the notification plays).

I re-set the phone to factory defaults and it worked for a day or so, but now its back (and super annoying).  I end up having to turn my notifications off, especially at work.

Any thoughts?  Anyone else seen this happen?

I do not have a lot installed on this phone, so I doubt it could be a conflict.  About the only stuff I have on it are the Amazon family and Yahoo Fantasy sports.....

Peace

Roger

sajokaz
Not applicable
Views: 321
Message 2 of 7

Re: Notifications endlessly play

Check out this thread:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/The-notification-sound-continues/td-p/4415114/page/2

Kind of sounds like the same thing.  Just keep in mind that after you uninstall updates to Moto Display you can't let the Play Store app auto-update Moto Display.

~Scott
rdw5150
Not applicable
Views: 317
Message 3 of 7

thanks!

You're the man.  Has to be it.  Don't know what affect not having moto display will have though. Smiley Very Happy

Roger

sajokaz
Not applicable
Views: 314
Message 4 of 7

Moto Display is the fade in Notification system on the lock screen.  So if you disable it you'll have no Notifications on the lock screen since we don't have an LED light.  If you Uninstall Updates thrn you'll still have fade in Notifications on your lock screen.  Just don't let the Play Store automatically reinstall the same app update that you have now.

~Scott
Highlighted
rdw5150
Not applicable
Views: 312
Message 5 of 7

I wonder what I will even miss by not having that update installed.

So far so good......

Peace

Roger

rdw5150
Not applicable
Views: 310
Message 6 of 7

Thanks! I did turn off the updated. Been googling this issue for an hour before I found this board.....

Thanks!
sajokaz
Not applicable
Views: 309
Message 7 of 7

Probably nothing.  Moto Display worked fine right out of the box when the phones were new.  So running the stock app should be just fine.  There haven't really been any major improvements to Moto Display in a long time, so you probably won't notice any difference at all.

~Scott
Top Kudoed Authors