Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Play
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

08-04-2017

Canada

20 Signins

151 Page Views

• Views: 151
  • Message 1 of 2

Post Oreo 8.0.0 update - random reboots

2018-06-07, 23:42 PM

First, my update came in Apr (ON-CA region) and voision is 8.0.0 (me thinks patches s/b forthcoming soon).

The one thing that stands out, random reboots every so often. Cannot put my finger on anything specific - sometimes when in camera or after a call would be my two instant thoughts. From maybe once a month pre-Oreo, now definitely 1-2 times a week.

I preferred the old clock when you pass your hand over the screen v. the circle thing. But otherwise I thank Motorola for the Oreo update and kudos on a nice piece of hardware. Not the fastest but one hell of a battery. It is truely sad Motorola went the route of smaller in the Z2 Play and now ditto with the gimmicky Z3 play battery pack. My Sammysung S3 from the start never could go a full day - just to the end of work. This thing easily tips into a second day and if I turn off the GPS/BT on the weekends with less overall usage - the entire weekend. .

There is a segment of buyers that don't want pricey $1500 phones. There is also a segment that doesn't need it blazingly fast. Z PLAY reviews all pointed to the stellar battery and absolutely they got it right and I am a happy user. That said, if I had to get another today, Z2/Z3 wouldn't be in the running - thanks to "slim jim" and the smaller battery. 

In Canaduh, the Motomods are non-existant (excluding maybe buying directly from Motorola) and I wish thre more Moto Actions - perhaps with holding a button/fingerprint and doing something (esp user defined). I use every single one of them - love them though the swipe to shrink is not the easiest to enable.

Cheers!

belly

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Post Oreo 8.0.0 update - random reboots

2018-06-08, 19:23 PM

Hi bellyman69,

Thanks for posting. I appreciate your time for letting us know about this. One thing we can do is to uninstall some third-party apps that you seldom use, make sure that all apps are updated in Playstore, and if you experience crashing with some apps we can try clearing its cache. To do so, kindly go to Settings> Apps > Name of the App > Storage > Clear Cache. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms