Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Play
All Forum Topics
Options

6054 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

699 Signins

59632 Page Views

• Views: 59632
  • Message 31 of 43

Re: Problems after nougat update in Moto Z play

2017-03-29, 16:36 PM

wrote:

Play store is not downloading app through jio sim in roaming..... UC browser is also slow...after Nougat update in my moto z play..

HI satish9017,

We have reported about this downloading while roaming. This is a google concern, not a Motorola concern. This will be fixed by Google. Try to see some third party sites about this.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

18 Posts

02-12-2016

United States

28 Signins

186 Page Views

• Views: 186
  • Message 32 of 43

2017-04-04, 8:56 AM

After Nougat update my Moto z play has a stranger behavior:

I do not know how, but I'll try to explain, intermittently the proximity sensor simply freezes. If I receive or make a phone call the screen immediately goes off and no command responds, I need to press the physical buttons so that the phone "wake up".
What was attempted:
Hard Reset
Install apps one by one, to test each one
Change Animation in Scale, Transition Scale a and Animation Duration Scale from 1x to 1.5x.

6 times in technical assistance!!!!!!
Nothing solved the problem.
Any suggestion?

P.S. I noticed that this behavior, most of the time, happens when it loses carrier signal.

Options

18 Posts

02-12-2016

United States

28 Signins

186 Page Views

• Message 33 of 43

2017-04-05, 7:53 AM
But what I am most certain is that it's a Lenovo issue. Please keep in mind that the Android 7.0 update for Lenovo Moto Play Z has presented a lot of issues for this specific devices, users complaining about freezes and black screen hangs at the time of use. Much like Samsung, LG and other non-Google phones, they don't come with the stock original Android operating system, the companies do some modifications on the Google's Android stock OS and thus creating bugs and issues when the end-user installs system updates.
Android devices, basically almost every app uses the Google Play Services libraries, sometimes, some libraries are incompatible with some devices, something faulty in the Lenovo OS and thus creating this problem.

I strongly suggest that you wait for a patch(system update) that Lenovo would release pretty soon to fix this issue because it is indeed a great phone in terms of hardware, but the software seems to be failing a bit at the moment.
Options

6054 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

699 Signins

59632 Page Views

• Views: 59632
  • Message 34 of 43

2017-04-06, 15:30 PM

wrote:

After Nougat update my Moto z play has a stranger behavior:

I do not know how, but I'll try to explain, intermittently the proximity sensor simply freezes. If I receive or make a phone call the screen immediately goes off and no command responds, I need to press the physical buttons so that the phone "wake up".
What was attempted:
Hard Reset
Install apps one by one, to test each one
Change Animation in Scale, Transition Scale a and Animation Duration Scale from 1x to 1.5x.

6 times in technical assistance!!!!!!
Nothing solved the problem.
Any suggestion?

P.S. I noticed that this behavior, most of the time, happens when it loses carrier signal.

Do you have case or screen protector on the phone which can interfere or cover the proximity sensor?

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

18 Posts

02-12-2016

United States

28 Signins

186 Page Views

• Message 35 of 43

2017-04-06, 15:34 PM
No, nothing!
Options

1 Posts

04-14-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 36 of 43

2017-04-14, 13:45 PM

Gosh, Carlos, I hope you're right about the update.  I have 2 cars that stopped running Pandora correctly (bluetooth), 2 Motorycle apps that stopped fully running bluetooth, and 2 helmet radios, oh, they seem to be ok.  I hope they get this fixed soon.  I'm out of the return period, or I might consider giving the phone back to Verizon.

Options

121 Posts

10-13-2016

United States of America

178 Signins

1786 Page Views

• Views: 1786
  • Message 37 of 43

2017-04-20, 4:29 AM

wrote:

Gosh, Carlos, I hope you're right about the update.  I have 2 cars that stopped running Pandora correctly (bluetooth), 2 Motorycle apps that stopped fully running bluetooth, and 2 helmet radios, oh, they seem to be ok.  I hope they get this fixed soon.  I'm out of the return period, or I might consider giving the phone back to Verizon.

I'd almost honestly say to take it back to them. Not even 2 months after these phones were out, they were nearly obsolete with the other hardware on the market. Lenovo has a history of not fixing/updating the products they broke with updates, or were already broken. These devices aren't selling that great either... Verizon is practically giving them away, and no one wants to make mods for them, and the ones being made are usually Kickstarter backed. Meaning that dev kits for the mods are pretty [removed] expensive as a guess, and I'm sure Lenovo/Motorola get a cut of the profits.

Thephone I got was valued around $400 (Droid Z Play). I got half off during a promo period ($8 a month) when they were fairly new, and now they're giving them away for $10 a month in less than 1 year on the market... I could have gotten a Google Pixel for the same price for a promo deal, and it has FAR superior hardware minus the battery, and possibly less issues. Especially the annoying forced escelating ringtone that also effects the alarm regardless there's an option to turn that on and off... I should have been patient before upgrading from my Droid Mini...

• Edited due to Site Rules violation: Preferred Language- Jess
"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
-Bruce Lee
Options

1 Posts

08-06-2014

bangalore

2 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 38 of 43

Request for software update for a screenshots facility

2017-04-23, 2:56 AM

As we all know.  In Moto phones we do not have any on screen option for screenshot .. we have to press the power button and the volume down button . I got my new Moto z play phone on April 10 ..  I was using xiomi phone previously. They gave an option for screenshot on the notification bar and a scroll option so that we get a screen shot for the length we desire.  I feel.  If the Moto office looks into this .And kindly please provide an option for screenshot on screen so that we don't have to press those buttons again and again . Kindly please look in to this request for the welfare of the Moto phones and for their long life..Thanks .Hoping for the new software update with new features 

Options

1 Posts

04-24-2017

Malaysia

2 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 39 of 43

2017-04-24, 9:29 AM

i was a user of moto zplay..after update latest version,battery getting not durable and oftten want to charge..please help

Options

5 Posts

05-09-2017

India

6 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 40 of 43

2017-05-09, 7:43 AM

Dear sir,

My moto z play automatically switch to silent mode that means volume is in full but there is a cross line in the volume symbol i don't know when it's happen 

Already i uninstall all other app's and disable DND automatic rules also but I have this issue what will i do please help me

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms