Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Play
All Forum Topics
Options

121 Posts

10-13-2016

United States of America

178 Signins

1786 Page Views

• Views: 1786
  • Message 51 of 61

Re: Randomly disconnecting WiFi

2017-04-04, 7:35 AM
I seriously want to know if any of our comments are even read... This issue seems to be tied to saved networks. If I have anything else than my home's WiFi networked saved on my device, it will act up in time. It happens randomly too. After removing any saved network besides my home's, it seems to completely stop. Another user posted with similar results as well. This so far seems to be ignored, and requires asanine amounts of time to get debug logs, and with the nature of it being so random, I would be better off finding a needle in a haystack then trying to be on my phone 24/7 trying to get the log.

This would happen a bit more often while using Android 6 even with just my home network saved, and after my Droid Z Play got Android 7 finally, I haven't noticed this, but right after connecting to my local Target's public WiFi (and it auto saves the network) within about 10 minutes, I ran into the issue, but it wouldn't last long like I reported before in my initial post. It did it multiple times when I was there. Maybe about 3 times within a 1-2 hour period of me being there. I've since deleted the saved network, and have had no issue whatsoever. This applies to all saved WiFi connections other than my home network so far. These have been the only times I've seen it act up, but not having the ability to have more than one saved network for me so far is a bit of a pain in the ass to be honest.

I'd say to anyone else having this issue still, try clearing your saved networks except for your home network, and see how often it keeps happening, if at all. Also, if your a Verizon user on the fence about getting Android 7, I haven't had any of the major issues others are reporting. Not sure if I'm lucky, or if it really isn't big ridden.
"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
-Bruce Lee
Options

19 Posts

03-07-2017

Brazil

24 Signins

309 Page Views

• Views: 309
  • Message 52 of 61

2017-04-04, 11:14 AM

Dude, you can't say your solution is the only and perfect solution. I'm trying to solve this for about 2 months and reset saved networks was the first thing I did (and really, I did that at least 50x times). Having no wi-fi leaves people crazy, and for sure none of us are saying this without searching on google for a solution. 

a lot of devices are having this issue (nougat moto g4, moto g4 plus, moto z, moto z play, nexus 5, etc.). some people said they solved disabling bluetooth scanning. Yes, bluetooth.

i can list for you what I already tried to solve this... and believe me, im not alone. (go to the moto g4 plus forum and you will see). Resetting saved network is the most basic solution and i think not even 50% of the ppl get rid of this frequent disconnect.

Sorry for my english, its not my main language btw

Options

19 Posts

03-07-2017

Brazil

24 Signins

309 Page Views

• Message 53 of 61

2017-04-04, 11:43 AM

what I did:

- cleared partition cache

- resetted network settings 

- resetted all phone (just fyi, wifi start showing the issue in those "welcome" config)

- disabled wifi and bt scanning

- ran into safe mode

- tried another modem

- tested with another moto z play 6.0.1 (which was working perfext, after update... wifi screwed).

- turned on data saver

- tried another location

- plugged out my repeaters (here is 1 wireless router + 2 repeaters)

I really don't know what to do anymore. my serial number is updated and my motorola privacy is on.

6.0.1 was working fine, 7.0 ruined.

Options

121 Posts

10-13-2016

United States of America

178 Signins

1786 Page Views

• Views: 1786
  • Message 54 of 61

2017-04-05, 7:04 AM

wrote:

Dude, you can't say your solution is the only and perfect solution.

Hey, you should try reading again... I never claimed, or said this was the only, and perfect solution... I simply said that what me and a few other users reported has seemingly gone ignored. There was absolutely no need for the attitude, and putting words my mouth. This makes it blatently obvious English isn't your first language, and being near hostile because of the lack of understanding it isn't necessary...

Also, keep mind. We're on different carriers in different countries, so our devices will act very different from each other, and was simply wondering if anyone else has had similar results as a couple of users has that posted here, and in person. I was also just adding to my original post in a way with a different experience since I've had Android 7 installed.

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
-Bruce Lee
Options

19 Posts

03-07-2017

Brazil

24 Signins

309 Page Views

• Message 55 of 61

2017-04-05, 10:15 AM
Sorry if I seemed hostile. Besides being sad about wifi not working, I really interpreted your text as an indirect to people who are not able to solve.

**bleep** foreign languages and wrong interpretations, apologize me.
Options

19 Posts

03-07-2017

Brazil

24 Signins

309 Page Views

• Message 56 of 61

2017-04-06, 0:00 AM

Just updating

My modem:

TP-LINK TL-WR840N

2.4GHZ

CHANNEL 11

My BugReport
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n368b7gw7c28bda/AAAmx_LlG2sClHKJwhUQvI86a?dl=0

Fyi, the wi-fi ssid disconnecting everytime is called TP-LINK_B92A....

TP-LINK_B92A_EXT and TP-LINK_B92A_EXT_CHINA are my repeaters' SSID, they're disconnecting too

Analyzing with my programmer eyes (lol):

04-05 15:46:29.143 - connectToNetwork: Either already connected or is connecting to "TP-LINK_B92A" : 18:a6:f7:38:b9:2a
04-05 15:46:51.451 - handleConnectionStateChanged: state=3

this is probably the time my wi-fi connected/disconnected

Options

19 Posts

03-07-2017

Brazil

24 Signins

309 Page Views

• Message 57 of 61

2017-04-06, 1:22 AM

Oh my god.. i think i did it!

just another different solution: 

-DISABLE IPV6 ON ROUTER

-PUT WIFI SECURITY MODE WPA2-PSK (AES)

i did it and didnt disconnected (1 hour since change)

Options

2 Posts

08-11-2014

United States of America

71 Signins

1072 Page Views

• Views: 1072
  • Message 58 of 61

2017-04-06, 7:53 AM

Howdy, I'm a bit new around here -- I've been scouring the web looking for a solution to my wifi woes after the Nougat update, and have yet to find one. I see that I am not alone in this regard.  I, too, have tried everything: clearing cache partition, clearing saved networks, various router reconfigurations and mode settings, and even a factory reset, to no avail.  I am convinced at this point that this is a software issue that won't get resolved until the next update at the very least, which probably won't be for a while seeing as how I just received the Nougat update less than a month ago (retus.)  Being a Republic Wireless customer with sketchy wifi is a sad situation indeed -- without any idea of when this problem will be resolved by Lenovo I'm considering rooting the phone and taking matters into my own hands.  I'm definitely not happy that my $400 phone has been crippled by this important update process.

I opted into the MFN with the hope that just maybe I can test out any attempts at fixing this issue -- would love it if this issue were resolved via official channels, so to speak.

Options

2 Posts

08-11-2014

United States of America

71 Signins

1072 Page Views

• Views: 1072
  • Message 59 of 61

2017-04-06, 8:42 AM

Just want to add a couple of clues that might help someone figure out what's going on:

-- Some speculate that bluetooth and wireless don't play nice together; makes no difference for me if bluetooth is on or off -- wifi is unreliable.

-- Some speculate that the phone has issues with dual-band routers; I have turned off 2.4 GHz on my router since I don't need it, and wifi connection is still crappy.

-- I think a significant clue might be provided by the wifi status screen on my DD-WRT router: The Moto Z TX Rate stays steady at 121 Mbps, but the RX rate constantly fluctuates from 150Mbps down to a paltry 6Mbps and the channel drops into LEGACY mode, and stays there a majority of the time, popping back up now and then to 150 before dropping again.  My Lenovo laptop with an Atheros AR946x listed beneath it is rock-solid (and also twice as fast as the phone, for some reason.) Signal quality for both stays at or close to 100%, but phone is constantly dropping the connection (note the difference in uptimes; as I type this my laptop has been connected for 16 hours while the phone dropped and reconnected about 2 minutes ago.)

It sure would be nice to figure out what's going on here; I hope someone at Lenovo more knowledgeable than me can use these clues to unravel this mystery.

Options

191 Posts

03-20-2016

Germany

220 Signins

2113 Page Views

• Views: 2113
  • Message 60 of 61

2017-04-06, 12:28 PM

Disable ipv6 is no Option for many Routers or Providers in many Countrys. 

My Provider using it as well and no Setting to turn it off. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms