Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asegs
Blue Screen Again
Views: 206
Message 1 of 3

Software issues

So far the Moto Z2 has been pretty good, especially on battery, I just highlighted a few features that I was shocked by in a list, mostly software.  I was wondering if these were localized to my phone or if you were having them too.

Major internet issues
No group chats
Issues with Google chrome search bar
Double update
Lack of preinstalled apps (voicemail, notes)

The first references issues connecting to the internet while having a WiFi or cellular connection, especially a permanent "x" by the WiFi or cell data bar that needs a restart to fix, as well as the WiFi having trouble turning off when it is trying to connect.

The second references the phones inability to send group messages over SMS, only individual.

The third references the Google chrome search bar closing while I am typing, causing me to accidentally click on a random link on the loaded page.  This seems only to happen while I have already loaded search results and am typing in something new.

The fourth refers to full screen update popups that occur even during navigation, which force me to interact with my phone while driving.  Often after closing out of the update popup, another will appear.

The fifth refers to the lack of visual voicemail, screen and voice recording, and notes apps that force me to download third party versions of these tools which often have ads.  

Are these universal to all Z2 plays?  Are there fixes you have found?  And are these issues found in newer Lenovo phones?  Thank you everyone!

chazmo
Paper Tape
Views: 183
Message 2 of 3

Re: Software issues

You sound infected. NO, the issues you propose do not sound common across the board. Sorry you are having issues

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 165
Message 3 of 3

Re: Software issues

Major internet issues
No group chats
Issues with Google chrome search bar
Double update
Lack of preinstalled apps (voicemail, notes)

Are these universal to all Z2 plays?  No, and yes in some ways.  But some of these are not "issues".

The first references issues connecting to the internet while having a WiFi or cellular connection, especially a permanent "x" by the WiFi or cell data bar that needs a restart to fix, as well as the WiFi having trouble turning off when it is trying to connect.

* This is not a common thing and sounds isolated to your pohone and the set of apps you are running from ther Play Store, and / or your network provider.  Have you contacted your network provider to make sure their network is fully operarional?

The second references the phones inability to send group messages over SMS, only individual.

*  Group texts are MMS, not SMS.  Does your network provider provide MMS functionality with your current phone plan?

The third references the Google chrome search bar closing while I am typing, causing me to accidentally click on a random link on the loaded page.  This seems only to happen while I have already loaded search results and am typing in something new.

* The Assistant search bar on the Home screen?  Or while in the Chrome app itself?

The fourth refers to full screen update popups that occur even during navigation, which force me to interact with my phone while driving.  Often after closing out of the update popup, another will appear.

* If there is a System Update available that will be the top Notification at the time and will always be a full screen message.

The fifth refers to the lack of visual voicemail, screen and voice recording, and notes apps that force me to download third party versions of these tools which often have ads.  

* Android does have Visual Voicemail, if your network provider provides it to you on your phone plan.  Voice recording is not standard in the Android OS.  Notes apps are not standard stock fearures of the Android OS, Google provides an app store (Google Play) for things that don't come standard.

~Scott
Top Kudoed Authors