Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Play
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

10-31-2014

India

9 Signins

115 Page Views

• Views: 115
  • Message 1 of 4

Total number of proximity sensors available in moto Z play

2018-01-30, 13:43 PM

Hi,

My Moto Z Play used to respond to "approach moto display" action even when approached at the bottom region only. i.e no where near top proximity sensor. So, I had assumed they have 3 proximity sensors, two IR based one near front camera and second along the rear camera and third Ultrasound based at the bottom region somewhere along side of finger print scanner.

A few days ago I had to send my Moto Z Play for some battery related issue. After receiving the phone I found that it has stoped responding when approached only bottom region but responds when approached uo to top proximity sensor.

So, I want to get a confirmation if Moto Z play comes with two proximity sensors on the front side or just one. And if there is any ultrasound based proximity sensor at the bottom or not.

thanks

Options

34 Posts

10-07-2017

United States of America

86 Signins

477 Page Views

• Views: 477
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Total number of proximity sensors available in moto Z play

2018-01-30, 16:55 PM

Hello,

Moto Z play has only one proximity sensor at the top and it is supposed to be calibrated very good so that it would recognize your hand motion at the very bottom area of your phone.

It should even work with the phone lying on completely horizontal surface (table for example)

You can verify this by trying to close proximity sensor with something and then wave your hand at the bottom - it will not work

However, Moto Z force has additional IR sensors on the bottom area (it can be seen on white colour phone)

Options

234 Posts

08-28-2017

Germany

594 Signins

1908 Page Views

• Views: 1908
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-01-30, 21:23 PM
So you say it's pretty much a ultra wife angle proximity sensor? Very interesting. I already wondered how on earth Motorola is doing that. It can't be through the normal touchscreen, that would suck the battery dry. I remembered that the first Moto X had several proximity sensors on the front, but there is absolutely nothing visible on our device. And even though a digital camera there are no IR flickers visible
Options

2 Posts

07-19-2016

Brazil

4 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-03-20, 16:37 PM

No meu aparelho funciona apenas na parte inferior.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms