Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Punch Card
Message 1 of 7 (254 Views)

USB C Headset Problems

I have a cheap 3rd party USB C headset that works fine for my Moto Z (both the headphones and the microphone) but it doesn't work at all for my Moto Z Play. Another pair of USB C headphones (without microphone) works on both the Moto Z and the Moto Z Play. Is the implementation of the USB Audio different between the Z and the Z Play so that when a microphone is included it isn't handled the same? I cannot understand why the headset would work on Z but not the Z Play.

Motorola Admin
Message 2 of 7 (221 Views)

Re: USB C Headset Problems

Neither can I. Could you say a little more about the failure? No audio from any apps or functions at all, in either ear?

If you happen to have the make and model of the two headsets, that would also be helpful. 

- Matt

Motorola Admin
Message 3 of 7 (216 Views)

MattForumsMngr wrote:

Neither can I. Could you say a little more about the failure? No audio from any apps or functions at all, in either ear?

If you happen to have the make and model of the two headsets, that would also be helpful. 

- Matt

Ugh -- I'm a dope. Forgot the Play has a 3.5 jack. I'm not sure it was ever intended to allow audio through the USB-C port. I suspect the fact that any USB-C headset works would be considered a bonus. So I will report this, but not sure if this would be considered a bug under the circumstances.

Punch Card
Message 4 of 7 (208 Views)

That probably explains it. I will try using a USB microphone to see if the microphone by itself is supported.  The cheap USB headset

Punch Card
Message 5 of 7 (72 Views)

[ Edited ]

So is audio allowed via USB-C in MZP or not ?  Asking just for future needs maybe ;-) .

MZP /reteu-stock Nougat
Punch Card
Message 6 of 7 (67 Views)

I don't know what you mean by "allowed". I am able to listen to audio via USB type-C headphones on a MZP but it doesn't show up as a headset in the System UI Tuner. It shows up as a headset in the System UI Tuner for the Moto Z. I think it is implemented differently in each model but that could be intentional or an unseen side effect.
Punch Card
Message 7 of 7 (57 Views)

Ok. So  usb-c headphones work then . 

MZP /reteu-stock Nougat
Top Kudoed Authors