Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DFernandes1
What's DOS?
Views: 3,263
Message 1 of 3

Update Android Pie Moto Z2 Play

I was wondering if the update for Android Pie is available with 32bit architecture only or if the developers are creating a 64bit version, since by Google standard this will be the minimum and mandatory standard for Playstore applications, among them many which I use daily.

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 3,236
Message 2 of 3

Re: Update Android Pie Moto Z2 Play

@DFernandes1 wrote:

I was wondering if the update for Android Pie is available with 32bit architecture only or if the developers are creating a 64bit version, since by Google standard this will be the minimum and mandatory standard for Playstore applications, among them many which I use daily.

I have never seen a phone with a 32bit OS update to a 64bit OS. It would require a complete wipe and reinstall - not an inplace update. 

No one here can say for sure, but no manufacturer i know of has ever done this. 

I would guess that at least half of all android phones (based on OS install percentages) are still 32 bit, so I doubt Google would kill off half of their user population. 

All conjecture on my part. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,173
Message 3 of 3

Re: Update Android Pie Moto Z2 Play

Just to add.A 64bit O/S will not run AFAIK on a 32bit processor so it's usually Phone hardware dependent Smiley Happy

Top Kudoed Authors