cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TravisW
Paper Tape
Views: 559
Message 31 of 42

Re: Volume control button not adjusting ringer/notification volume.

Same issue here, but have not found any temporary fix or workaround. Volume buttons on side used to control ringer volume unless media was playing, now they only control media volume no matter what. Restarting does not fix. Restarting in Safe Mode does not fix. Pressing volume keys in any certain order does not fix. I have to go into settings and manually change ringer volume every single time I want to change it. Moto X4

raeann_w
Paper Tape
Views: 543
Message 32 of 42

I updated my profile, but I'll also state here I have a Moto X4.  I did record a video but please excuse the bumpiness. I was using one phone to take video of another ;-)  http://home.hampshire.edu/~rwDV/MediaOnly.mp4

I also need to mention I say something in the video that is inaccurate. This behavior with the two sliders and the tone does not happen on a regular start. I see it only in safe mode.  I inaccurately said in the video it was not limited to safe mode.

I should also mention when I removed my passcode and boot into safe mode, there is no tone on start and no dual sliders then, but it goes straight to a single media only slider.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 510
Message 33 of 42

Hi raeann_w,

Thank you for the video. Are you using third-party apps for your volume? I'll have my team checked this as well.  

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

raeann_w
Paper Tape
Views: 306
Message 34 of 42

Sorry, but I did not see this reply until now.  No, I am not using 3rd party apps for volume control.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 283
Message 35 of 42

Hi raeann_w,

Thanks for posting back. Is your X4 running Pie OS? If so, media volume is set by default when you press the volume rockers. That's the standard for Pie OS.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

raeann_w
Paper Tape
Views: 273
Message 36 of 42

Is Pie OS also called Android version 9?  I have Andriod version: 9, software channel: retus, software variant: google_fi

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 244
Message 37 of 42

@raeann_w wrote:

Is Pie OS also called Android version 9?  I have Andriod version: 9, software channel: retus, software variant: google_fi

Yes, Android 9 version is called Pie. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

scooby711
Paper Tape
Views: 175
Message 38 of 42

Right but so what?

Why doesn't Lenovo get cracking on an update to rectify this then?

It's an issue for people so get it sorted, at least give people the choice to have ringer control with the buttons if they want.

Every Moto handset gets progressively worse for features.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 155
Message 39 of 42

Hi scooby711,

Thanks for your feedback. I'll pass this along but we can't guarantee any changes since it's a stock Android feature. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Highlighted
scooby711
Paper Tape
Views: 148
Message 40 of 42

Seriously?

How the physical buttons on YOUR physical handsets is a feature you have no control over?

That is an utterly ridiculous response, why are people/companies unable or unwilling to take ownership of issues they have a direct hand in causing or being able change?

Motorola can easily issue an update so that when pressing the up/down volume key instead of just the media volume appearing, all volume levels show and a person can choose which one to raise/lower.

How on earth can any manufacturer say that an OS can dictate the physical operation of buttons on a physical device?

Do you honestly mean to say that Samsung, Huawei, Nokia, OnePlus, Honor and multiple other brands are told how and why they can program the physical buttons on their handsets?

I think not, and I also think your answer is a complete cop out.

Top Kudoed Authors