cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Otomz
Not applicable
Views: 13,193
Message 1 of 42

Volume control button not adjusting ringer/notification volume.

It used to be able to adjust the volume setting for ringer/notification with the volume control button.

After updated to android 7.1.1, the volume control button becomes volume setting for media. How to I change it to control setting for ringer/notification volume setting?

Agent_JM
Not applicable
Views: 12,903
Message 2 of 42

Re: Volume control button not adjusting ringer/notification volume.

@Otomz wrote:

It used to be able to adjust the volume setting for ringer/notification with the volume control button.

After updated to android 7.1.1, the volume control button becomes volume setting for media. How to I change it to control setting for ringer/notification volume setting?

Hi Otomz,

When you use the the volume buttons outside any media or music player, then, the ringer/notification volume will be adjusted accordingly. If you use the volume buttons while you are watching a movie, video or listening to music, then, the media volume will be adjusted. Is this what is happening?

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Otomz
Not applicable
Views: 12,899
Message 3 of 42

Earlier, I was using the volume button without any media playback or any media apps running. Pressing the volume button always bring up the media volume control adjustment which is not correct. After I restart the phone a while ago by holding the power button for restart, then it is ok now. I am monitoring it for next few days. I wonder why it was not correct earlier in the first place when I took it to the forum.

Otomz
Not applicable
Views: 12,895
Message 4 of 42

It is not working again. Both Moto Z Play having the same issue. Volume control button adjusting the media volume.

How to have the volume control button adjust the ringer/notification volume like it used to be when there is no media playing or running? It was fine without any issue for both Moto Z Play. It was purchased since May 2017 without any single issue. Only this week,I am facing this issue... seems to be after updated to Android 7.1.1 a few days ago. 

Otomz
Not applicable
Views: 12,893
Message 5 of 42

Very frustrating. Always need to restart the phone to fix it. 

Agent_JM
Not applicable
Views: 12,890
Message 6 of 42

@Otomz wrote:

Very frustrating. Always need to restart the phone to fix it. 

Can you test and let us know if this will persist in safe mode please?

-JM

Otomz
Not applicable
Views: 12,880
Message 7 of 42

The issue is intermittent. I would never know when it is going to happen. Once it happen, I would know that I will need to restart the phone to resolve it. And it will be ok for sometime until the problem appears again to restart the phone again.

Pleasehelpme2
Not applicable
Views: 12,177
Message 8 of 42

12/20/17 10am EST my Droid z is doing the same thing: normally when pressing the volume up/ down buttons on the right side of the phone, it adjusts the ringtone volume (if you have no other media apps running). If you had a media app open that had audio, it would automatically choose to turn that audio up or down instead of  the ringtone. Since yesterday, when I push the volume buttons even when not playing audio from another app, it adjusts the media volume, not the ringtone volume. Why did this happen and how can we fix this, ASAP??? This was a $700 phone, not a cheap China toy.

Mahipal
Not applicable
Views: 12,160
Message 9 of 42

@moto_JM wrote:

@Otomz wrote:

Hi Otomz,

When you use the the volume buttons outside any media or music player, then, the ringer/notification volume will be adjusted accordingly. If you use the volume buttons while you are watching a movie, video or listening to music, then, the media volume will be adjusted. Is this what is happening?

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Yes it should work like that but after new update Without playing any Media default it's changing media volume instead of ringer volume, we have to restart Mobile to fix that...

Fix this plz, my request to developers is don't release any Moto updates without checking it perfectly, why always new bugs comes with all the new updates in Moto?

Mahipal
Not applicable
Views: 12,156
Message 10 of 42

Yes it should work like that but after new update Without playing any Media default it's changing media volume instead of ringer volume, we have to restart Mobile to fix that...

Fix this plz, my request to developers is don't release any Moto updates without checking it perfectly, why always new bugs comes with all the new updates in Moto?

Top Kudoed Authors