Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteffenM
What's DOS?
Views: 789
Message 41 of 53

Re: Wi-Fi issue after android oreo update

Hi JRock63,

Same issue here, though my service provider is T-Mobile Germany. I upgraded to Oreo 8.0 and at first, I was able to use my phone for 5 minutes but when I tried turning the Wifi on, I couldn't see any networks and seconds later, it rebooted for the first time. Now it's in an eternal rebooting loop.

I spoke with Motorola yesterday who assisted me in clearing the phone's cashe and starting it in safe mode. Unfortunately, neither prevented it from rebooting anyway.

The goods news:

Once the battery drops below 10%, the phone STOPS REBOOTING. I assume this is because it's in energy save mode and so the wifi automatically doesn't come on. Charge it to over 10% and try to turn on the wifi and the phone immediately goes back into rebooting mode.

So one thing you could do is get the battery below 10% and run a back up on your files/numbers/etc. Then run a complete reset on the phone which will wipe all the software and files on it. If you're lucky, Oreo 8.0 will then run smoothly. I'm kind of putting this off atm because I'm still hoping someone else can help. If not, the above might be an option...

Fanfold Paper
Views: 751
Message 42 of 53

Resetting the phone to factory default didn't solve the problem for me. Smiley Indifferent

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 686
Message 43 of 53

Hi Everyone,

I appreciate all the steps you've taken. Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

@LuckyLilLady33, were you able to set your home wifi to an unsecured network and see if the connection will remain stable? Let me know. 

@Avatar0815, I'd like to confirm, are you referring to factory data reset?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

LuckyLilLady33
Paper Tape
Views: 683
Message 44 of 53

I simply stayed on the open Xfinity wifi connection.. which it stays attached to for the most part. If I try my secure home network, it drops it immediately. I'll look into getting my serial number and all that so you can take a look at it. Thanks so much! 

Fanfold Paper
Views: 664
Message 45 of 53

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate.

All the info is in my account.

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well

Sorry, but I don't have a clue what needs to be on.

@Agent_Rich wrote:

and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps

Yeah, I'm fine with that.

@Agent_Rich wrote:

@Avatar0815, I'd like to confirm, are you referring to factory data reset?

Excactly, I'm referring to factory data reset.

LuckyLilLady33
Paper Tape
Views: 652
Message 46 of 53

Okay, I thought I was having issues before, it's nothing compared to now. I just updated software this morning hoping they found a fix. And now I can't even stay on unsecured wifi. There goes all of my data. If this is a Lenovo or Motorola issue I will not be getting a phone that has anything to do with either of them. This is beyond frustrating, I should have never allowed the phone to update, at least I had some unsecured wifi. Disappointed! Smiley Sad

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 639
Message 47 of 53

Hi Avatar0815,

Thanks for updating your profile. You can enable it on your phone's Settings > Privacy. I'd like to verify, did you reinstall your third-party applications right after doing the reset?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 596
Message 48 of 53

Hi Everyone,

Please try to do a factory data reset, this will help us isolate software issues. Just go to Settings > System > Reset > Factory Data Reset. If you have important files please back them up so you won't delete any of them. I would suggest not to install any third-party apps right away after doing the reset, try installing them one at a time until we found which app is causing an issue.

Please make your observation after 24 hours. If the issue persists, please send me a bug report, so we can further investigate. (Kindly update your profile with your IMEI and details I asked in my previous reply)

BUG REPORT:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Highlighted
Melowblue
What's DOS?
Views: 477
Message 49 of 53

Try disabling ur 4G sim... works for me.. i know its not a permanentsolution but till moto provides a patch for it you can hold on .
Fanfold Paper
Views: 466
Message 50 of 53

@Melowblue  schrieb:
Try disabling ur 4G sim... works for me.. i know its not a permanentsolution but till moto provides a patch for it you can hold on .
I can't believe that actually helped. Amazing, Melowblue, thank you so much! And shame on you, Moto, for not having a solution in all that months.
Top Kudoed Authors