Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Play
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

08-22-2018

United States of America

11 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 91 of 126

Re: Z Play Screen Lifting from Frame

2019-07-27, 15:12 PM

Verizon wanted to charge me for the repair, so I switched to different Currier. It cost me almost the same , still had to pay off the broken defective phone. I only got another Moto z3 because I wanted to easily recover all the information and still use the modes I bought for lots of $$$. Next time I'm probably take the loss and find a different brand that backs their products...

Fight Verizon , maybe you get lucky...

Options

8 Posts

07-26-2019

United States of America

11 Signins

116 Page Views

• Views: 116
  • Message 92 of 126

2019-07-27, 16:42 PM

For those of you who are getting charged to replace your battery, I went to CPR (Cell Phone Repair). They quoted me $59.99 - $69.99 parts and labor. They are Motorola authorized.  Don't let those ripoff artists at Moto rip you off. Go to CPR if you have one in your area. 

https://www.cellphonerepair.com/

Options

8 Posts

07-26-2019

United States of America

11 Signins

116 Page Views

• Message 93 of 126

2019-07-27, 18:52 PM

Was my last post deleted? I'm not seeing it...

Options

4 Posts

11-20-2015

United States of America

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 94 of 126

2019-08-03, 10:08 AM

I see your post from 7-26, in fact you were replied to by a moto employee. I believe it is on the top of page 9.

My phone battery got so large I felt a fool to let it go so went on to Ifixit.com and found they have a deal to replace the battery for $40 yourself which includes the tools. Unfortunately they have no batteries. Check Ebay and they have them for $10. I had a torx #3 from my moto-x battery replacement and after watching their video on Youtube took out the battery. My phone still worked at the time even with the screen hanging on by a little glue. The screen has two cable connections. Check the repair video and you will see it is a glued up piece of sh**. You could get your money out of it but I haven't bought a battery yet, they start at $9 with free shipping. My camera glass on the back had broken right in the center and all it takes to replace is some heat and pop out the old and put in a new which is another $10 cost I think. For a $10 battery I'm not throwing it away and I'm not going to worry about pretty. They do have a special glue sheet but it does not make it waterproof and if the battery expands again it may be better to keep it together with a rubber band  or maybe a couple clothes pins. :)

Harbor Freight has a torx #3 in a set for $5 of course it is cheap, just be careful not to strip the heads so you can unplug and plug in the new battery. Some said they had a torx #4 for their phone. Just be careful, there are 5 screws I believe.

Options

8 Posts

07-26-2019

United States of America

11 Signins

116 Page Views

• Message 95 of 126

2019-08-05, 0:38 AM

Tim,

If your are referring to my post asking about reports of batteries bursting, that wasn't it. I recommended CPR (Cell Phone Repair) to get the battery replaced and the post disappearred. I think the mods deleted it but no one is owning up. Pretty chicken $h!t.

Options

2 Posts

08-14-2019

United States of America

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 96 of 126

2019-08-14, 20:15 PM

My Moto Z play screen is lifting away from the frame.  It's not even paid off yet.  Will Motorola fix this?

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

United States of America

2725 Signins

25655 Page Views

• Views: 25655
  • Message 97 of 126

2019-08-14, 20:21 PM

wrote:

My Moto Z play screen is lifting away from the frame.  It's not even paid off yet.  Will Motorola fix this?

The monthly payments you are making are completely seperate and different than the 12 month warranty that comes with the phone.  If the phone is still within warranty, then the repair should be free (I doubt a Moto Z Play from 2016 is still in warranty though).  Otherwise there is a repair fee for a screen replacement, but you have to start the repair process to see the prices.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service

~Scott
Options

1 Posts

08-15-2019

United States of America

1 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 98 of 126

2019-08-15, 21:00 PM

So I have this problem and decided to Google it and found this thread...wow...I don't know what's more disturbing..a company employee saying a swollen battery isn't a safety concern or all of these Motorola customers having this problem and the company isn't fixing it..I have had this phone for almost 2 years now and it's been a great phone up until yesterday when this happened... Sad that the company won't address it... It seems like it should be a recall type situation

Options

67 Posts

12-03-2012

United States of America

105 Signins

913 Page Views

• Views: 913
  • Message 99 of 126

2019-08-15, 21:22 PM

I've had to Motorola OEM batteries replaced.

Options

121 Posts

10-13-2016

United States of America

178 Signins

1786 Page Views

• Views: 1786
  • Message 100 of 126

2019-08-17, 9:31 AM

wrote:

Hello craigles,

A swollen battery is not a safety issue. It is rare but typically occurs only on older batteries, and there is no danger from high heat, etc. If your phone is in warranty when it happens, it is fully covered.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Umm... A swollen battery is very much a safety concern... I guess a loaded gun with the safety off in your pocket isn't one either with your logic... It would be not only in your best interest, but everyone else's as well, that you do not spread misinformation, which is also causing safety issues for many users who believe your wildly ignorant statement. Batteries in general are dangerous (just look to Samsung with the old notes catching fire), and a battery can, and will explode, especially when it comes into contact with excessive heat, or damage. A battery that exploded can, and will cause harm to the user. Even more so, since its most basic function requires you to hold it up to your head. You might as well shoot a bottle rocket into your ear/face. Nevermind the chemicals in the liquid in the battery itself are harmful. If a AA battery could cause harm, what makes you think that high capacity Lithium Ion battery won't?

Edit: Here check this out. You think fires are not a safety concern?

https://youtu.be/SMy2_qNO2Y0

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
-Bruce Lee
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms